Chapter Twenty-Seven: Renaissance Vibes

The smell of smoking vegetables seasoned the air as Fae children ran screaming in delight between the tents. Their parents mingled with one another while keeping an eye on their children as they discussed tonight's event. Cillian and I had agreed that waiting a week to do the Cluiche Grudge was excessive in our situation. But when I had announced the match between him and I...my soldiers didn't quite react how I thought they would. A woman with long bright red hair apologized when her long skirt caught on my boot.

Every single Fae was dressed as if it was the Renaissance Era. The women wore rib breakingly tight bodiences over peasant blouses that shoved their breasts towards their chins. Not that I was complaining....I thought, eyeing another passing woman and the generous amount of flesh jiggling above a light blue corset. Raising my gaze, I shot the short black haired beauty a wink that she laughed at as her cheeks turned red.

"Are you even listening?" A voice snipped.

Ripping my attention away from her, I glance down to my left side, "Huh?"

Pink eyes rolled into the back of her head, "You are the worst around pretty women."

"Pretty men too. And I didn't ask to be this good looking, Babes." I preened, gesturing down my torso.

"Fabht Sicura, where is your tunic?"

Turning around, I raised a brow at the father and son duo, "Where's your son's?"

The hard muscles of Cillian's chest and abdomen flexed with every step he took as the sun caused his dark skin to shine seductively. Tipping my head a little, my eyes narrowed in on the way the waistband of his leather beeches hung low. The air turned heavy as my throat suddenly went dry enough to choke me. Lifting my gaze back up to his chest towards his face I couldn't help but think that while Cillian wasn't pretty in the typical sense...I'd still ride the hell out of his face.

"Men don't wear tunics in a Cluiche Grudge, Macha. Women do. It's tradition. It's inappropriate for your subjects to see you, their soon to be Queen, half naked."

Keeping my eyes on his son, I replied, "Dougal, you know I thrive off of impropriety. Besides, my breasts are bound, don't be a prude."

Cillian's silver eyes traced over the tattoos that swirled around my stomach and chest despite how they were cut off by my chest bindings. My skin heated underneath his sharp gaze.

Dougal heaved a sigh, "That's not the point. You and Cillian will be fighting without the use of magick. It isn't not proper for him as your Commander to be touching so much of your bare skin."

"That's if he even lands a hit." Dani sneered at the oblivious Cillian.

I huffed a laugh at her words that had Cillian's metallic eyes springing to mine, "Something funny, Cell Bait?"

"Yeah. The fact that we're even talking about this. I'm going to decimate you."

Eyes narrowing, he rolled his shoulders back to broaden his chest, "Don't get cocky. Just because you need this doesn't mean I won't put up a fight."

"Aw, Lilly." I purred, taking a step forward to scrape my nail over his heart. " I wouldn't have it any other way. It's not fun if it's not rough."

He tipped his head down to pin those heated pools of silver on me, "Careful, Cell Bait. You've never handled me without a weapon before."

I laughed before flashing him a grin filled with sharpened teeth, "I've never needed a weapon to bring a man to his knees. In fact, they usually go willingly."

Cillian huffed, the corner of his lips twitching, "Is that right?"

"Oh, you poor thing. I'm going to ruin you." I smirked.