Chapter Fifty-Eight: New Ability

It took a moment but when she continued to look at me, I pressed a hand to my chest and raised a brow, "Oh, are you talking to me? No, you can be. Cause I'd cave in your kneecaps for calling me Critter. Lilly, she's talking to you."

"Can't be me either. Cause I'd bash her head in for the disrespect to my rank."

Brow eyes jumped from him to me and back again before her scowl deepened, "Why am I here, My Queen?"

"Well, Babes. You're here because I need an update on Father Time's progress."

"Clan King Fionn," The Troll stressed. "has already convinced five other clans to join in your war for the betterment of our people. You are twenty thousand Trolls strong as of now."

I gave a low whistle at the news, "Extend my gratitude and thanks to your King. Have they decided on a councilman or woman yet?"

She nodded, "Clan King Fionn no longer comes above ground but as an respected Elder of the Trolls, they went with his candidate."

"Which would be?"

"Since I'm his heir and because of our history, they believe me to be the best choice for the position on your council."

I eyed her, "You're going to give me hell on every decision you disagree with, aren't you?"

"That's why they chose me." She smirked.

"Oh, joy." I stated, blandly. "Then you're coming to the Seelie Kingdom with us tomorrow. Get you things ready and your second in command briefed."

"The Seelie Kingdom?" Coaimhe grunted in dismay.

And suddenly, I was overjoyed that she was my councilwoman for the Trolls, "Yes. It's going to be so much fun, Babes. Meet back here tomorrow morning at daybreak."

Snorting, she gave us her back and stomped out of the tent.

"Afric."

Coming to a slow stop mid twirl, he twisted his head to look at me with a thin brow raised in question.

"How many Banshee Den's have sided with us?"

His face lit and he clapped rhythmically as he spoke, "A baker's dozen. Bringing the total of death screamers under your command to a lovely thirty thousand."

"How did you get so many?" I asked, my mood lifting. We might not need Mab to take out half of her own army after all, we're easily going to match Oberon's troops.

"Like me, many were persuaded by your past. But it was your status as the last living Divine and the fact that you cheated death twice that had them crawling to my door. I'm quite the Den Head among Den Head's now because of our personal connection." He said, preening at the last bit.

"Fantastic. And there was no turmoil over the fact that I chose you to represent the Banshees on my council?"

Yellow tinged eyes sparkled, "No. They all seemed to accept it good naturedly after I tossed a rival Den Head's head onto the dining table and screamed that the Death God chose me."

"I adore being Unseelie but sometimes I feel like I missed my calling as a Banshee." I sighed, wistfully. "If I did that, I'd get a lecture on decorum and manners."

"You don't let anything go, do you? And I still don't get how you don't understand why it was wrong!" Dani screeched, black and pink hair swaying.

I waved my hand in a 'see' gesture at her as I looked at Afric, "You see what I deal with?"

"It landed in my pot pie!"