Chapter Twenty-Nine: Guilt

"Sorry, My Queen!"

Waving off the yelled apology, I twisted out of the way of the speeding cart and continued through the bustling camp. After leaving Lilly's tent early this morning and earning myself more than a few curious looks, I went straight to Dougal. Not wanting to wake his mate, I gave him whispered instructions to get the necessary soldiers ready to move out on an Ally Tour. Taking a company of twenty including Lilly, Erick, and myself, everyone was rushing around to make our bags and say their goodbyes.

Since we would be gone for a rough estimate of about a week and a half, I needed to speak with Afric before we left. I wanted him and his own people doing an Ally Tour throughout the Banshee Dens as well. I couldn't speak as to how many of his fellow Banshee Den Heads actually liked his lunatic ass but I knew he wouldn't disappoint. He was a lot like me in the charm aspect and for all his concerning traits, I was starting to think of him as a kindred spirit.

Carefully stepping around a thick patch of mud, I approached a large white tent. Two pale guards in black cloaks on both sides of the doorway immediately dropped to one knee as I entered their view. With one hand on their knee and the other clutching their staff, they spoke at the same time, "Graced by your presence, we ask to look upon our God Queen."

"If I am your God then you are my disciples, to look upon is your right too." I hummed, excited by our exchange.

Long black hair brushed the ground as they lifted their heads to lock their yellow tinged eyes on me, "How may we please the rumored Divine? Is it our King's time? Our life lines?"

I raised a brow, "Your life lines, I have no need. But your King's time is important to me."

"We see. Enter the Den as you please. The King will never deny his God Queen."

A woman could get used to being called God Queen, I thought. Giving them a sincere grin, I passed them to pull the flimsy entrance aside. The sunlight burning against the tent walls casted a warm glow over everything inside of it, including the moving lumps on the bed. Grossed out, I was about to look away when Afric's head along with two others popped up from underneath the furs. Three sets of identical yellow tinged eyes stared back at me in silence as I stood there like a statue.

"God Queen."

"Afric."

"It's a pleasure."

"Looks like you already have two."

"For Faekind like us, this is nothing new."

My lips twitched at his unembarrassed expression, "With clothes on? That's untrue."

"I found it, My King." The male on Afric's right interrupted, his hand moving underneath the furs.

"Uh- I'm not much of a watcher so if you don't mind..." The rest of my sentence trailed off as the male pulled his hand out from under the furs to reveal the hair clip he held. A hair clip.

"Yesss. Good job, Conner." Afric responded with a grin, snatching it from the males hand and pulling his long hair back. "I thought I'd lost it for good this time."

The Banshees immediately stood from the bed, fully dressed, and silently left the room after dropping to one knee in front of me. Turning my head back from watching them leave, I secretly jumped as Afric suddenly passed by. Spinning on my heel, I followed him away from the bed to the dark wooden desk taking up the middle of his tent.

"God Queen, what do you need from your dear devotee?"Afric hummed, his eyes racing across the paper flooded desk.

"I need you to go on a Ally Tour of the Banshee Dens."