Part 10

-GUGULEZWE

Leaving at a time like this is the last thing i want to do right now but after what Eric has said, it really is the best thing to do for Mbali and Bambi. I like seeing mom bond with Sebe but I'm forced to cut their session short thinking about time and everything. I sit beside mom while she brushes Sebe's hair singing to her.

"I'm sorry to break this up but Sebe and I need to leave"

I say and they both stop looking at me, Sebe is even sitting up.

"Leave?"

They both ask shook

"I know that its wrong leaving at a time like this but I trust you'll keep me posted with how the operation goes mom"

I say placing a hand on her knee, she eyes me for a bit before nodding

"Ok, travel safe and don't bring us another grandchild yet"

Mom says and Sebe blushes looking down while I laugh. I know mom knows we did it.

"You making Cuddles shy"

I say and mom chuckles pulling Sebe to her for a hug

"Take care of each other Ok. I know he can be difficult but he really loves you and whatever he will do or has done has been done out of love and protection"

She says breaking the hug and pulling her for a kiss on the cheek.

"You kids enjoy your holiday"

Mom says and then pulls me in for a hug

"Its not your news to share. For now just focus on building your relationship with her and God"

She whispers softly so Sebe doesn't hear. After our moment we say our goodbye to my father, Eric and Mbali's parents. Mom will explain to them herself.

"Mine we can't leave now..."

She says as soon as we get inside the car but I cut her off

"Yes we can, its for the best"

She sighs

"Gugu your child is in there fighting for his or her life. Our holiday can wait"

She says in a pleading tone. I start the car

"Eric and I had an interesting chat"

I start, I know she thinks I'm avoiding her, she huffs in frustration

"Gugu"

I chuckle and then breathe out

"Eric mentioned something about my presence being the reason Mbali's pressure is not dropping"

I catch her eyeing me with so much scrutiny and shock

"He's not saying its my fault but maybe if I'd been a little considerate of her feelings then she wouldn't be here. While I was hospitalized she had to deal with me being stabbed and needing an organ, she offered herself only to find out she is pregnant and had to choose between us and the baby"

She doesn't respond, I sigh

"Eric tells me that Mbali needs to see someone to deal with the emotional stress and pressure. That us being together so very quickly has affected her harder than we thought."

I park in front of my room in the bnb. I turn to her after switching the engine off

"I had no idea us being together would affect her like that. Mbali forced me to be with you, she encouraged me even"