Part 32

-SEBENTILE

I'm sitting with a bubblegum flavored milkshake in front of me and yena he's having a coke. Guess which eating outlet he chose? Wimpy, who would have thought. I have nothing against Wimpy honestly their food is amazing not forgetting their milkshakes and ice-creams.

"I honestly didn't think you'd agree to come"

He says sipping his coke

"Then why did ask me"

I ask

"Cause I wanted to spend time with my baby"

He says and I nod

"Listen, I know it won't be easy adjusting to the fact that you now have parents, letting us in in your life won't be easy too heck forgiving us for being such horrible parents will take alot more but I'll be patient. I'm not forcing you to accept us just hoping that you give us a chance to make up for lost time"

He says looking straight in my eyes like he's trying to read my soul

"I'm still very angry at you I won't lie, I'm angry that you left me and robbed of a chance to grow up in a home with both parents. Do you know how bullied I was growing up? I was called an orphan, Twana couldn't come to my school meetings or awards ceremonies because her health didn't allow, so imagine the pain I'd feel when other kids are embraced by their dad's and mothers after receiving their awards and I'd just stand there looking like a lost puppy? I thank God every day for Nonjabulo cause if it wasn't for her I don't know what I would've done after Twana's death. No family member wanted to take me you know that? They all came up with excuses on why I couldn't come stay with them, it hurt alot having to now fend myself and not miss school at the same time. Things did get worse after Twana died, men would come offer me anything I could ever need in exchange for sex, some days I'd fear sleeping in that house cause they might break in to get what they want, everyone knew I was a virgin and wanted to chip in. Nonjabulo's parents took me, treated me as one of their own and I had a home again. So you are right when you say it'll take a lot for me to forgive you. Did you even know that Twana died?"

I say sniffing cause the tears had already made an entrance. He takes my hands into his squeezing them

"Yes we even came to the funeral"

He says looking down like a kid scolded

"Wow, wow"

It's all I manage to say

"It wasn't safe, we couldn't take you with it wasn't safe"

He says sincerely

"You didn't even come say condolences or something maybe it would have hurt less you know"

I say through the tears

"You would've had understood. It took you long to accept your fate with Gugu imagine us telling you that we couldn't raise you for your safety, you would've thought we are crazy and running away from responsibility"

He says

"And letting me go to Sabelo knowing that it might happen that I might not come back, what was that?"

I ask. The waitress brings our food, we thank him and she walks away.

"We tried to stop you but because you are your mother's daughter you refused to listen to reason, I knew you could make it out I had faith you'd figure a way out you have always been smart"

He says and I smile

"Me forgiving you won't be an overnight thing"

I say and he nods