Part 29

-MBALI

Having Isemihle back in my arms has got to be by far the best thing to ever happen to me in these few weeks she was taken. Next month or rather in a couple of weeks she'll be turning 2 months. My baby is so adorable and a bit heavier than the last time I held her in my arms. I will forever be indebted to Sebe and Gugu for bringing back my baby and Phelo too. I don't know where Mili would be without her. Ive asked my parents to bring her home with us, maybe she can be Mili's nanny if she has no where to go. The doctor confirmed that Mili is fine and good to go home, now that everything is over we going back to Mp ASAP. I'm worried about Sebe, I dial Gugu's number but stop midway thinking about how he probably has a lot to deal with, I'll call tomorrow. My phone rings in my hand and it startles sleeping Mili, its Gugu's mom. Mili's stares a little while I answer and shuts her eyes again. She's too cute for words with her cute chubby cheeks, still too early to tell who she looks like considering both her father and I are light skinned.

"Mah"

I answer

"Hey baby. How are you? How is she?"

She asks with so much concern, I look at my sleeping angel and smile to myself

"She's fine Mah. Where are you?"

I ask

"We just landed, we waiting for an uber to drive us to the bnb"

She says

"You cant possibly stay in a Bnb, My parents have a house just outside Joburg. I'll send you the address ok?"

I say suggesting that the offer is non argumentative, mom shoots me a look but I don't mind her

"Oh Mbali"

She starts off but I cut her off

"Its not up for discussion. You are my daughter's grandparents and I need help with Isemihle"

I say, more like I blackmail her into agreeing

"Eish, ok ke baby. See you then"

She says and we say our goodbyes

"Why don't we invite Gugu and Sebe too huh? What about Sakhile? Don't you want to invite him over too since we inviting everyone to live with us"

Mom says sarcastically and I chuckle just as sarcastic

"Theres enough room to go around"

Dad says in a dismissive tone

"We just got Mili back. The last thing we need is too many people around her. It will overwhelm her"

She says trying to justify herself

"Gugu's parents are not too many people and if this is about Phelo, she knows Mili more than we do"

I say and look at my baby. Mom doesn't respond and we drive the rest of the way in silence

"When are we going back to Mpumalanga?"

I decide to ask, I really miss home and the environment

"I have some things I need to take care of here. You guys can fly home anytime"

Dad says and mom shoots him a questioning look

"Its just work honey. We still need to find Sabelo"

Dad says and mom keeps quiet. She's so dramatic yoh. We drive inside the yard and dad parks in front of the front door. We all get out and go inside the house. I'm so attached to her I don't want to put her down.