Chapter 7

The next morning I hear my alarm going off. I roll over to face the sunlight streaming through the curtains. I move my hand blindly across the nightstand until I find my phone to shut my alarm off. Although it was eight in the morning, I wasn't as tired as I thought I would be. I did stay up pretty late last night, but I'm an early riser, and it is 10:00 back in Chicago. I rolled out of my silky bed sheets to get in the shower.

The cold water refreshed my skin, and gave me the perfect opportunity to reflect on yesterday and plan today. I was super excited for today; I was going to find a place to move into, explore LA, and hang out with Ryan all day. Butterflies fluttered in my stomach when I thought about him. I turned off the water to dry myself off. I wrapped myself in my towel and checked my phone. I opened a text from Ryan:

Ry☺️

Ry☺️: good morning lexi ☀️
Lexi💕: good morning ry☀️
Ry☺️: what time do you want to meet up
Lexi💕: i'm meeting with mr. kallman at 10:00 to look at some houses, do you want to meet for lunch around 1:00?
Ry☺️: yeah sure that works, i know a great spot. i'll text you the address
Lexi💕: perfect, i can't wait :)
Ry☺️: me either :)

I smiled and put my phone down to dry my hair. I decided to keep it natural and down today, and just put my black beanie on. I threw together a cute but casual outfit for the day since I would be out for pretty much the whole day.

I grabbed my black converse and laced them up

I grabbed my black converse and laced them up. I put on light makeup, and checked myself in the mirror one more time. My stomach growled and I looked at my phone for the time. It was a little past 8:30, so I had about an hour before Jeremy would pick me up. I almost left when I remembered my compass necklace from Max. I threw it on really quick, rubbing the compass to calm my excitement down. I grabbed my bag with my laptop and headphones, and  grabbed my wallet and phone before walking out of my hotel room door.

Five minutes later I arrived at the same coffee shop as yesterday. The weather outside was gorgeous. There were no clouds in the bright blue sky, and it was pretty warm out. The same girl who took my order yesterday smiled at me and greeted me. I ordered a large caramel macchiato again, and a bagel with cream cheese for breakfast. I sat down in my same spot and started to set my stuff up. I was texting Jer to pick me up at the cafe instead of the hotel when the girl who took my order comes over with my coffee and bagel. "Here is your large caramel macchiato and bagel with cream cheese," she says, placing it down.
"Thank you so much!" I say smiling at her.
"Of course!" she turns to walk away but stops and turns back around. "Hey, are you that girl who sang a cover of 'Say You Won't Let Go' earlier this week in a youtube video?" she had a hopeful smile on her face.
"Yeah I am!" I said with a grin.
"Oh my gosh Alexis, I saw your video and it was amazing! You are so talented!"
"Aww thank you so much!" I said blushing.
"Is it okay if I get a picture with you?"
"Of course!" She takes out her photo and we take a few selfies.
"Thank you so much! I'll leave you alone to eat your bagel, I hope you come by more often!"
"I will don't worry! This is my new favorite place. Thank you....?" I said trying to read her name tag.
"Cassidy" she said grinning.
"Thank you Cassidy, I hope to see you around more!" She smiles and returns behind the counter. I was shocked she knew who I was since she looked to be a little older than me. I put on my headphones and got to work.