Chapter 14

Alexis's pov

I woke up to my alarm going off and a pillow thrown at my face. I groaned and threw the pillow blindly back in the direction it came from. I heard it fall to the floor and a laugh coming from Sarah. "Good morning sleepy head," she said enthusiastically. Sarah was a morning person because she was an ice skater and had to skate ridiculously early some mornings. Whenever we have a sleepover, she is always the first one to wake up, and she always has energy and I have no idea how. I squint my eyes to see her smiling face before she rips my blanket away from me. All my warmth leaves my body and I wrap myself in a ball and shiver. "Come on, we have to get ready for school," she says. I heard her pause before she adds "and...pack the rest of your things," her voice cracked slightly. I couldn't tell if it was because she was upset, or if it was because she just woke up. I got up and grabbed the outfit I picked out for my last day of school. I wanted to dress up for my last day of public high school, and then change at the airport into something more comfortable for the flight. I threw together an outfit for the airport and threw it into my carry on bag and set it back down. I washed my face and brushed my teeth before changing into my last day of school outfit:

I paired it with a small pair of gold hoops that went really well with my double earring studs that I was not allowed to change for a while since they are newly pierced

I paired it with a small pair of gold hoops that went really well with my double earring studs that I was not allowed to change for a while since they are newly pierced. I grabbed the necklace Max gave me and put it on. The necklace has a way of giving me comfort, so I rub it when I am nervous, homesick, or upset. Right now, I was sad I had to leave my mom, Sarah, and Max behind. I did a half up, half down hairstyle and tied a black scrunchie with long tails. Sarah walked into the bathroom wearing leggings and her school volleyball windbreaker. We did our makeup together; me going for a simple cute look, while Sarah went natural. She helped me with my eyeshadow once she was done brushing her hair. I threw on a cute bracelet and studied myself in the mirror. I felt so pretty and a smile filled my face. As an artist, I have to keep active on social media. I've been posting pictures of me and Sarah on my story a lot recently as well as a few posts. I called Sarah into the bathroom and we took a photo for my story.

My mom made us breakfast, so me and Sarah ate waffles quickly before heading to her car. I brought the last of my bags out to my moms car and looked at the outside of my house. All my memories all the way from my childhood through what is now my sophomore year flooded back into my head. I felt my eyes start to water as I remembered that this is the last time I'll see my house before I leave for LA. I throw my bag in the car, and stand outside of the car for a second. "I'll be right back," I said to Sarah before running back into the house. Me and Sarah woke up earlier than normal today to make sure I have packed everything. I took one last walk around the house, making sure to stop in every room. I let the memories flow through my head and a few tears fall. This is it. I'm headed to the next chapter in my life. I'm finally moving to LA like I've always dreamed of. My last stop was my room; me and Sarah had cleaned it this morning so when I come back to visit, I will come home and have one less thing to worry about. I sat in my bed one last time and felt more tears threatening to spill out of my eyes. I dragged myself out of my house so we wouldn't be late. I got in Sarah's car and she handed me her phone so I could play our playlist. I looked out the window as my house grew smaller and smaller until it was out of view. I hit play and "Paper Rings" by Taylor Swift came on. I looked at Sarah and smiled as we sang our hearts out. We continued to sing along to more songs as we drove to our favorite coffee place. We got our regular and I took a sip of my caramel macchiato. This is the last time I'll have coffee before school with Sarah.