Chapter 34

*QUICK AUTHORS NOTE*
Please listen to the song linked above because that's what this WHOLE STORY is based off of, and read the lyrics even if you already know the song because it really explains the plot of the story! Anyways enjoy :)

Alexis's pov:

Dinner was amazing, and we all had a great time. We arrived back at the bus and everyone was pretty tired so they all went to their bunks. I had laid in bed for at least an hour, and thought of Max when a melody popped into my head. I immediately rushed out of bed and to the back room so I wouldn't forget the melody. I scribbled furiously into my notebook and wrote down any lyrics and words that came to mind. More and more came out onto the page as I got a creative boost of energy. What I've learned as an artist is whenever you get a creative boost, never let it go to waste.

Ryan's pov:

I woke up from a bad nightmare, where Alexis got hurt. I knew it was just a nightmare, but I needed to make sure she was okay. I slid out of my bunk and opened the curtain of hers slightly to find it was empty. Panicking, I ran to the kitchen area to check if she was there, but there was no sign of her. Where would she be at 4:00am? I peaked through the back room window and saw she was in there, hard at work. I pressed my ear to the door and I could hear her faintly. Her voice was gorgeous, and I could listen to it all day. Knowing she was safe, I listened for one more minute before going back to bed.

Alexis's pov:

5 hours and 3 monsters later, I had a really good draft of the song recorded onto my phone. Pulling the all nighter was 100% worth it, and this was definitely my new favorite song out of all the ones I've made. I finished the last drop of my third monster and looked out the window to see the sun. I quietly stepped out of the soundproof room to see everyone was surprisingly up and in the kitchen. "Why are you guys all up so early?" I asked.
"Zach forgot to shut off his alarm from yesterday and it woke us all up," Jack said, glaring at Zach. He gave a shrug and a yawn and took another sip of his orange juice. I giggled, and walked over to Sarah.
"Lexi, I heard some of your new song last night, and it was beautiful," Ryan said.
"You heard it?" I blushed.
"Yeah, and I would love to hear more of it," he said grinning.
"Ooh I want to hear it," Sarah said.
"Me too," said Corbyn.
"Okay, I have a demo recorded," I said, leading them to the back room. "It's called Driver's license," I added quickly, before playing it.

Drivers License

I got my driver's license last week
Just like we always talked about
'Cause you were so excited for me
To finally drive up to your house
But today I drove through the suburbs
Crying 'cause you weren't around

And you're probably with that blonde girl
Who always made me doubt
She's so much older than me
She's everything I'm insecure about
Yeah, today I drove through the suburbs
'Cause how could I ever love someone else?

And I know we weren't perfect but I've never felt this way for no one
And I just can't imagine how you could be so okay now that I'm gone
Guess you didn't mean what you wrote in that song about me
'Cause you said forever, now I drive alone past your street

And all my friends are tired
Of hearing how much I miss you, but
I kinda feel sorry for them
'Cause they'll never know you the way that I do, yeah
Today I drove through the suburbs
And pictured I was driving home to you

And I know we weren't perfect
But I've never felt this way for no one, oh
And I just can't imagine how you could be so okay, now that I'm gone
I guess you didn't mean what you wrote in that song about me
'Cause you said forever, now I drive alone past your street

Red lights, stop signs
I still see your face in the white cars, front yards
Can't drive past the places we used to go to
'Cause I still fuckin' love you, babe
Sidewalks we crossed
I still hear your voice in the traffic, we're laughing
Over all the noise
God, I'm so blue, know we're through
But I still fuckin' love you, babe

I know we weren't perfect but I've never felt this way for no one
And I just can't imagine how you could be so okay, now that I'm gone
'Cause you didn't mean what you wrote in that song about me
'Cause you said forever, now I drive alone past your street
Yeah, you said forever, now I drive alone past your street

"So, what did you think?" I asked, wiping a tear from my eye after thinking of all the memories and feelings that came with them. My relationship with Max was a special one, and I couldn't think of a better way to close our relationship than to write a song about it.
"Lexi, that was beautiful," Daniels said, tearing up. That comment was enough to get me grinning from ear to ear, as the rest nodded in agreement, a few more of them teary eyed!

Authors note:

I HAVE A LOT TO SAY

1). This took me FOREVER to write because I wanted to make this chapter just right so I hope you enjoy it!

2) I am trying to upload every Monday! Last Monday a lot happened SO I double posted today. You may notice that I only posted one chapter of drivers license today so what I MEAN by double posting is...

3) I HAVE ANOTHER STORY! It's called afterlife and it's another fanfic for another friend of mine! It's a Daniel Seavey mafia book! I posted chapter one today and I have a bit of an introduction up already so definitely go check it out if you haven't already!

4) speaking of afterlife, I may update that next Monday, so it may be two weeks before another update but I'm not 100% sure yet

5) I stayed up LATE for this chapter and sacrificed my chem homework so your welcome! Have a great night everyone, and TECHNICALLY I did update on Monday, even though it's very late and I'm extremely drained from writing two WHOLE chapters today.

I love you guys! Goodnight <3