Chapter Four: The reapers

Undertaker's P.O.V.

I was sitting at my desk, the candles on the wall were flickering adding an even more eerie effect to the parlor. I sighed as I propped my feet up on the desk. Business here has been tortuously slow, despite all the murders, people just don't seem willing enough to die. I saw a streak of lightning light the sky. Another storm...hmm? I heard a light tapping coming from the door. Who could it be at this hour? The rain started to pick up as I heard it hitting the roof. The wind howled in the night. I walked over to the front door placing my hand on the cool metal handle. I cracked open the door and poked one eye out. I gasped as I saw a young woman standing at my door, drenched in rain, and shivering in the cold. I completely opened the door and motioned for them to come inside. Once inside I could properly see who it was. It was (Y/N)! She stood in the center of the room rubbing her arms up and down, her teeth chattering, and rain dripping from the hem of her dress onto the floor.

"Dear, what happened?" I asked as I approached her. I noticed that she had a cut on her arm and was bleeding. It wasn't enough to kill her, but it was enough to be concerned. She opened her mouth to speak but coughed loudly into her arm.

"I-I'm sorry..." She managed to scrape out.

"Oh, no no dearie, please don't apologize." She looked up at me. I could see the pure fear in her eyes. I hadn't seen her look at me like that since...since the fire. I took her hand and led her over to a coffin. I picked her up and placed her on top. I quickly grabbed a towel and wrapped it around her small body. "I'll go make you something warm to drink. Is tea alright?" She nodded her head and I left the room. I boiled some water and placed it over the stove. I took some tea leaves and placed it in the pot, letting it simmer for a few minutes. I could hear her sneeze and cough a few times. I hope she doesn't get sick. Many young people have died from the common cold and her immune system, much like her brother and mothers, is not the strongest. I poured the tea into a cup and went back to her. I handed her the cup and she thanked me. The cup was shaking as she held it in her hands. She took a sip and placed it next to her. I sat down and looked at her. "I want you to tell me what happened." She looked away from me and down at the floor. "Don't think about lying either, I will know. I...I just want to help you in any way I can, my dear." She looked back up at me and took a deep breath.

"It all started not too long ago. A boy, who seemed to be my age, came over to the manor. I had no idea who he was or what he was doing here, but Ciel seemed to have a firm idea as to his arrival..."

(Y/N)'s P.O.V.

I was sitting in my room reading a book. Sebastian had recommended it to me; it was actually quite interesting and had a very complex and intricate plot.

"(Y/N), come downstairs!" I heard Ciel shout. I sighed and closed the book. Just when I was getting to a good part, too! I thought to myself as I rose from my chair. I left my room and walked down the hall. Grell took note and approached me. I had reached the top of the stairs when I noticed a boy was conversing with Ciel. I looked at Grell who seemed as confused as I.  Grell nervously ran off leaving me with the three of them. I slowly stepped down the stairs closer to them. Ciel looked up at me, an evil glint in his eyes.

"Ah, (Y/N), allow me to introduce you to Alois Trancy." The boy looked at me and rushed to my side. He skipped a few steps and latched onto my arm.

"Allow me to assist you, my lady. I'm Alois Trancy, it's a pleasure to meet you!" The boy's icy blue eyes pierced into my soft (E/C) ones and his blonde hair swept across his pale skin. As we made our way to the bottom of the stairs the man who was with Alois approached me. He was a tall man, black hair with the slightest hint of violet on the tips, and rectangular glasses. He gently took my hand and kissed it.