Chapter Nine: Madam Red

Ciel P.O.V.

I sat in a chair in my study. Sebastian brought me my tea as well as a piece of blueberry cheesecake. I took a bite and crossed my legs.

"Ciel, where is my darling niece? I haven't seen her in ages."

My aunt, Madam Red, complained. It was true she hasn't seen (Y/N) in many years.

"She is with a...friend?"

I questioned myself. I looked to Sebastian and he nodded his head.

"Yes, lady (Y/N) is staying with a friend for some time."

"Oh, do I know this friend?"

She asked while taking a sip of her tea.

"I don't believe so."

"Well, I hope to meet this mysterious person!"

"Worry not, we will be going to see her later this afternoon."

Madam Red stood up and grabbed Grell by his shoulders. They began to spin around.

"Oh my I'm so excited!"

"Madam Red!"

She stopped what she was doing and looked at me. Grell fell to the ground and put his hands on his head.

"Yes, dear?"

"We have business to discuss."

Her smile faded into a face of seriousness.

"Oh, right. Please continue."

She sat down and Grell stood behind her.

"Right, there have been a large number of murders occurring in London as of late. I'm certain you know what I am talking about."

Madam Red nodded her head.

"He has earned a name from the press: Jack the Ripper."

"What a frightening name."

Madam Red said.

"Indeed. One of the recent victims I am going to investigate. The queen is upset in seeing all this death among her subjects. She has asked me to put an end to all this bloodshed."

"You're going to look at the body?!"

Madam Red exclaimed.

"Yes, the killer has a distinctive style of killing. I need to see it up close."

"My Lord..."

Suddenly someone jumped up from behind Madam Red's chair, causing her to fall to the floor.

"Lau? How long have you been sitting there?"

I asked, slightly irritated.

"Long enough. Are you sure you can handle seeing that corpse? It will be quite gruesome."

I nodded my head and he backed off. I looked to Sebastian and he nodded.

"Let's go."

I said and I made my way to the carriage, Lau, Madam Red, Grell, and Sebastian following behind.

Madam Red's P.O.V.

When he mentioned that terrible name I felt my hands go weak. Grell looked at me, fear in his eyes. I stayed silent and composed as he continued going on about Jack the Ripper. He wants to look at the body? This poor boy...my poor nephew. Why would he do this to himself? He says it's for himself but I fear there is something deeper going on. I followed Ciel to the carriage and got inside. Grell took the horses and we began to make our way into town. As we drew closer I began to get weary. I already knew what the body looked like. Seeing it again would only cause pain for me. I looked out the window and tried not to think about it.