25.

Yusuf's past.

The house have turned more drier,more sadder,more bitter.

Sighing Yusuf entered inside Iman's room "I will drop you today," She nodded her head absentmindedly as she carried her bag and walked ahead of him.

Yusuf gulped down his saliva,his sister is becoming void of feelings,she is becoming numb,he knows how it is,he knows why she is doing it,she wants to stop feeling this pain but then that doesn't guarantee it.

No.

He cannot let her make the same mistake he made,he cannot let history repeat itself again,he held her hand which took her by surprise but she shrug it off as they continued walking.

"You are not going to school today," She wasn't surprised and it made him sadder "We are going somewhere," He finished.

"I want to go to school," She replied looking straight "You know,this is never an option and no one can know that better than me," He stated and she looked at him "I know," She sigh "I don't like doing it too," She blinked back her tears "But that is my only way out,"

"Where should we go to first? Shopping?" She shook her head as no "How about we go to a book store?" He nodded his head not asking any question.

The book store had alot of book and Iman carried more than 20 "Reading novels is an escape route,at least you get to see people that have bigger problems than yours and are still going,still pushing through and being strong," She shrugged her shoulders.

"I want to become a writer,"

"I want to encourage people that are feeling down to keep going through my writing,I want to become a source of change in someone's behavior," She fondly stated as they went out.

For now let's go to that river side,we need a mat,do you have one?" He shook his head as no "We have to buy then," She pouted out of habit.

They bought the mat and fruits with refreshments as they went off.

Lying down on the mat,he let out a sigh,the place was so beautiful,a flowing river,trees,sunlight.In precise nature did it work there.

"Hmmhmhm," Iman sigh letting out a breath as she smiled "Why didn't we even come here before?" Iman asked in a whiny tone and Yusuf let out a laugh "Well what matters is we are here now," She nodded her head.

"Let's live the moment," She smiled as she also lied down.

"Am reading a book of poem,should I read it out loud?" She asked and he nodded his head smiling.

Feeling so light hearted,happy and contented for this moment of freeness,he decided to let every feeling of pain and remorse go for now.He decided to forget bitterness and focus on living this moment with his sister right beside him.

He decided to forget the kind of negativity his father have impacted into their lives and live the positivity surrounding him now.

He decided to let himself free.

Set himself free.

Free of every bad thing.

"And then I realized that to be more alive,
I had to be less afraid,
So I did it,
I lost my fear,
And gained my whole life back. ~Ruby Francisco."

Yusuf smiled as she finished,he needed to do that,become less scared,lose his fear and that way he can get his life back.

His phone rang "Baby," He smiled as she chuckled "Come and meet me,I want to see you," She whined and he laughed "Am coming,with a surprise," He glanced at Iman who was giving him a curious look.

"Let's go," He helped her to stand up "Where?"

"It is a secret," He said in a song like voice "You are actually childish," She informed and he smiled.

"Isn't today such a happy and lovely day," He stated in a question like form and Iman held his hand smiling brightly which he gave it back to her.

"We are letting go of our fears," She shouted and Yusuf laughed.

"Let's do it together," He advised and she nodded her head eagerly

"WE ARE LETTING GO OF OUR FEARS!"
They both shouted at the same time and then bursted out laughing,so hard that tears rolled down from their eyes,so much that their stomach started hurting,so much that their breaths became ragged.

They walked to the car with smiles on their faces,it just takes one peaceful conversation,one serene silence and silent gesture for a person to be happy.

They reached Warisha's house and he called her,she came out almost immediately smiling at him brightly and he gave it back to her with the same enthusiasm.

What more could he ask more?

He had his sister and love of his life by his side.By Allah they make him the happiest man on earth.

"This is my sister Iman," He introduced to Warisha.

"Hello Iman,am your sister in-law to be!" Warisha hugged her and Iman laughed nodding her head.

"Come in, mama want to meet you," She dragged them in.

They entered and sat down,after introducing Iman they started conversing "Two days you didn't come," Warisha's mother voiced out.

"I got a little busy," He uttered respectfully.

"Okay," She smiled.

"Ya Yusuf,I like her," Iman whispered to him looking at Warisha who was smiling "I knew you would,she is so lovely," Yusuf whispered back fondly.

"You are totally whipped too," Iman whispered and he smacked her which made her pout her lips.

"Well you are now like a sister I have never had,so I will recite a poem for you," Iman informed Warisha and she got excited.

"So much in a sister,
Is knowing through your heart,
Sharing things no one else knows of what we are a part of,
Secrets few could know,

Always there for guidance in times we have to grow,
You see our time as finite,
Connection is truly timeless like the moments of our youth,
~Robert Longely

I love you Warisha."

Iman smiled and Warisha hugged her letting out a little emotional tears.She whispered something to Iman amd she smiled as she kept opening pages then handed the book to her.

"I love you for so many reasons,
Big and small,
And all of them are wonderful,

I love you for all the special qualities,
That makes you one of a kind,
The only one in the world for me,

I love you for the things you do,
That bring such special meaning to my life,
I love you for the silent times,
When your actions tell me what I need to know,

I love you,
Just because I do,

Because now,
In the deepest part of my heart,
Their is love,

Love always."

Warisha let out a sigh as she finished "I meant it." She smiled at Yusuf and he nodded his head "I know,"

They all turned to Iman who was smiling like a fool.

"It is official, I love your love."

They all burst out laughing so hard again.