2.

Past.

Yusrah carried her well ironed hijab as she put it on herself and then smile appreciatively of her appearance as she walked out of her room,being the first daughter is not really easy you always have to be cautious of what you do because one single mistake of yours will affect your sibling.

Especially for her because her father is well known for being very religious and righteous.

She greeted her mother who was reciting the holy Quran in the parlor and she sprawled to the kitchen to make breakfast for them,she removed her hijab and hanged it on the door before she started spreading Nutella on the slices of bread.

She laughed at what she was about to do before she shouted "The first person to come here will get more Nutella." She laughed at the way her sibling were running into the kitchen one by one.

She spread Nutella on Zarah's bread and hand it to her "You came first so yours is more than their own." Zarah jumped happily and collect her bread while Yusrah poured her tea into a cup from the flask,she gave the rest who had a gloomy face because Zarah's Nutella is more than their own.

"Chop chop,we have to go in 15 minutes because you all know how Baba hates it when we go late." She slumped on the chair with her breakfast as she explained,her father own an islamiyya few feet near their house and he hates it when they go late because he doesn't like people that are not punctual.

They finished their breakfast and got ready to go "Mama we are going." They all mouthed in unison and she raised her head with a warm smile "Okay may Allah keep you safe and you should study well okay or else no chocolate for the person who cannot give his recitation correct." Their mother said smiling and they went out after mouthing Amin.

Life is pretty good for her because she is happy being an elder sister and also her parents favorite,she had just finished her secondary school and she is praying that her father allows her to further her education,her father doesn't have a problem with her furthering her education but it is just like he wants her to differ more into her islamic education before she continues her western education.

They reached the islamiyya and all of them went to their respective classes.

...

Tired and grumpily,she stood up when Zarah came and told her that her father is calling her "What is it?" She asked and Zarah shrugged her shoulders "I don't know,just come out." Zarah answered rolling her eyes.

Letting out a tired silent scream she carried her pillow and muffled a shout in it and then hit the pillow before she stood up and made her way to the parlor.

She sat down on the carpet as she looked at her father "Good evening." He raised up his head and smiled at her "Yusrah I just called you so that I can see you,I have seen all your sibling except you." She smiled letting her tiredness fly away "Baba I was just resting inside,I didn't know that you came back until now." She replied as she dragged herself to where he was sitting down and she started massaging his legs.

Her father looked at her curiously knowing that she does this only if she need something "So what is it that you want?" He asked not beating around the bush "Baba I was wondering weather you can buy me a smart phone." She said chewing her lips nervously knowing that her father is hell bent on not buying a smart phone for her "I thought we were already over that conversation."

Her mother came inside the parlor and chuckled when she heard what her husband said "I am sure it is about the smart phone right?" She guessed and Yusrah nod her head with a pout "Mama please help me in begging him." Her voice was whiny as she said it and her mother nod her head in approval "You know we are in a modern generation so every child uses smart phone now,can you imagine that Aliya my sister's daughter who is just in Jss 1 is using a smartphone?,but look at Yusrah she finished secondary school since last 3 months but she still doesn't have a smart phone." Her mother was trying to sound as reasonable as possible knowing how her husband can be tough.

Yusrah gave her mother a thumbs up as she mustered up her best puppy face "Please Baba,I promise that I will behave myself." She said pouting her lips and her Father just sigh a little "I know the generation we are in but those smart phones really contribute in ruining children's good qualities,it diverts the minds of children and many bad things are done on social media nowadays." He stated his point of view and her mother chirped in immediately after he closed his mouth "But this is Yusrah our daughter,we all trust the values we have impacted on her so am very sure she will never do anything wrong,she will just chat with friends and also research more on her deen." Her mother stated her point also.

Yusrah nod her head in agreement "Baba if I do anything wrong you can cease the phone and infact I know that I won't do anything wrong Insha Allah." She said smiling and her father thought for a while before he said "I will think about it then." Yusrah smiled happily considering it done because she was sure whenever her father says that he will think about something then he will surely do it.

She ran to her mother and hugged her "Thank you for helping me in convincing him Mama." And her mother smiled cheerfully "Just make sure you don't make us regret this." And Yusrah quickly shook her head "I won't."

Her father frowned his face "Okay so I won't get a hug?" He asked as if he was thinking thoughtfully and Yusrah quickly ran to him and hugged him tightly "You are the best,the best of all fathers in the world." She said and her father laughed "And you are also the best,the best of all daughters in the world." He said and Yusrah laughed as she happily tighten her hug on her beloved father.