two new gays make everything a little better

"y/n, what happened to you?"

"nothing. i'm fine." you weren't fine. your cheek was covered with a patch, bandages wrapped around your arms, one around your stomach, too, and you had an ice pack with you for the back of your head. "yuuji, i need to talk to you."

"huh..? okay, but- are you sure you're okay?" he frowned, getting up and following as you waved him off, leading him through the halls to an empty hallway, sighing and leaning against the way. "what happened..?"

"tripped and fell." you lied, and he was about to speak, but you cut him off. "i like you."

"wh- what?"

"i like you." you repeated, staring at the floor. "i have all year. i was gonna tell you a few weeks ago, but i mixed you and sukuna up, which is why we started to fight again. i really like you, and i want to be with you, but i'm not comfortable being around sukuna right now, so i'm not gonna expect anything back. i just wanted to let you know, that's all. you don't have to answer me."

"oh.." you didn't look up, knowing was probably confused and weirded out. "i.. i didn't realize that's why you were fighting.." he sighed, you knew he was upset. "i'm.. sorry about suku.. if you need me to, i can ask him to stop eating lunch with us for a while, or just stop coming by the first year classroom.."

"it's fine.. i was planning to just stay with the second years for a while.." you kicked your leg out a bit, biting your lip. "you really don't have to worry, i'm sorry that i just sprung this on you suddenly. that's all i wanted to say, though."

"okay.. but are you really sure you're okay-? you're all beat up.." you flinched when he reached out to grab your hand, where bruises had formed, and you winced just a bit, he immediately pulled back. "sorry."

"it's okay, i'm gonna go head back to class." you pointed back, looking up at him, frowning at the concerned look on his face. "i'll.. see you later, yuuji."

"see you later.." he waved, and you walked off, sighing. you had told him, finally. it wasn't at all how you wanted to tell him, but that was one less thing stressing you out. of course, over half the things stressing you out were the cause of your current state, but you didn't want to talk to the cause, so you were just going to deal with it on your own for the time being.

you made it back to your own classroom, opening the door with a sigh, glancing up before your eyes widened. "yuuta-!!"

"y/n!!" his eyes widened, yelping when you suddenly ran forward and tackled him, falling out of his chair as you both laid on the floor. "ow."

"i missed you!!" you were being loud, maki and toge laughing at you both, ignoring the pain in your arm. "i thought you weren't coming back until next month!"

"i got to come back early." he smiled nervously, sitting up as you moved off of him. "are you okay? what happened to you?"

"i got beat up by a third year, nothing serious."

"y/n, that sounds extremely serious."

"i'm fine! don't worry!!" you smiled brightly, just the fact that yuuta was back making you feel a million times better. "i really missed you."

"you already said that." maki leaned over the desk to look at you both, sighing. "come on, i don't wanna deal with a bunch of gay tension this early in the morning."

"sorry, zen'in.." the black haired boy apologized, immediately getting yelled at to not call her that, him apologizing again as you both sat down across from the other two at your table, and you glanced up at inumaki, smiling a bit as the smile that was resting on his face.