a simple question

"so, hey, are you going to the dance on friday?"

"i wasn't planning to, why?" he turned to look back at you, and you bit your tongue, smoothing out the tablecloth and stepping back. "are you going?"

"well, i wasn't, but.. i think i do wanna go, a couple of my friends are." you shrugged, how were you supposed to word this without getting embarrassed.. "and, i mean, we're the ones decorating, i think it'll be nice to actually see our work on the night of, you know?"

he shrugged, and you sighed, grabbing another table cloth and tossing it over a table, spreading it out until there were no wrinkles or creases. "i might go, if i can get someone to go with."

"huh? you don't have.." you turned, seeing him against the wall, looking at his phone. "i'm pretty sure you can find someone, what about uraume-?"

"doesn't wanna go, they hate events like this." he mentioned, and you nodded, biting your tongue. "might ask fushiguro, i doubt he's going, we might as well be alone together."

"that's the only reason..?" you sighed, ignoring the confused look he gave you, and you cleared your throat, looking away from him so he wouldn't see the nervous look you had. "well, if you wanna go, i can go with you.. my friends are all going in groups of two, so i'm the odd one out.." you started, turning to the floor. "it.. is your last dance before graduation, i think.. you should go with someone.."

"worrying about me that much, huh?" he sighed, and you looked back, seeing him smiling at nothing. "all this fussing, are you really sure you haven't fallen for me?"

you gulped, talking before you could really think. "you always assume that, if i didn't know any better, i'd think you're the one with a crush on me."

his eyes widened, and you froze, both of you staring at each other for a second while you realized what you had said. before he smiled again, laughing, genuinely laughing, and you felt your heart pound, looking away again. he.. could actually be cute sometimes, you just always forgot.. it was a weird thought, so you shook your head, stopping when you heard him start walking, inhaling when he put his hand on your head.

"if you wanna go with me to the dance that bad, just ask." he stated, and you bit your tongue, feeling your face heat up.

"..fine." you sighed, turning to look up at him. "sukuna, will you go the dance with me?"

he nodded, smiling again and sighing. "yeah, okay. i'll go." he stepped away, and you internally cheered, wanting to throw your hands into the air and yell in celebration. "and i can wear my piercings at the dance, too."

"you didn't need to tell me that-!"

"what, did you want it to be a surprise?" he grinned, back to his cocky self, and you bit your lip, staring at the ground.

"..kinda, yeah.." you mumbled it, but of course he had heard, his eyes widening before he chuckled, walking back up to you, and you stepped back, flinching when you hit the wall. "i told you i liked them, and the element of surprise is important.."

"i can tell, you were moaning that much from nothing but a kiss.." he leaned down, and you gulped, his hand beside your head, his other at your waist. "and we can always continue where we left off.."

you felt your face turn warm, gulping as you moved your hand to his on your waist, barely trying to push it away. "..n.. m-maybe, but- not- not now-"

"why not? an empty gym is a better place to fuck than a car." he chuckled, and you shook your head, yeah, sure, you could, you were both the only ones there, and you probably wouldn't get another time like this later on, but..

you both froze, the gym doors opening, turning when what do you know, yuuji and fushiguro stepped in, both of them freezing when they saw you, the four of you watching each other for a second.

"suku-!" then yuuji started yelling, running forward and shoving sukuna away from you, and you sighed in relief, the older just shoving yuuji back. "stop doing weird things to him!!"

"i'm not doing anything, brat." he huffed, shoving his hands in his pockets as yuuji shoved him again. "what're you both doing here?"

"gojo-sensei called us in to help again. kugisaki was busy, and junpei's not here, so it's just us two!" he smiled, fushiguro stepping beside him and nodding, your eyes widening just slightly. "we're here to help, so is there anything we need to do?"

"we're basically done, just follow l/n around and help him out." sukuna sighed, and you froze, seeing him grin at you before turning to the dark haired boy. "fushiguro, come with me."

"why?"

"because i said so." he huffed, grabbing his shoulder and pushing him along, the dark haired boy mumbling in disagreement but following.

"are.. they gonna be okay?" you asked, and yuuji smiled, laughing nervously as he scratched the side of his head.

"hopefully. anyways, do you need help with anything?" he turned to you, and you nodded, grabbing another tablecloth and handing it to him, explaining what you were doing, and he nodded, both of you going to finish with the tables. "so, hey, are you going to the dance?"

"huh-?" you stopped to look at him, seeing him stare at the ground, fidgeting nervously. "uh.. yeah, i am.."

"okay, umm, are you going with anyone?" he continued, and your eyes widened, gulping as you turned to look at anything else. it.. sounded like he was.. going to ask you to go, and.. you.. really, really wanted to go with him..

"well, i.." you started, biting your lip. you.. really wanted to go with him, but.. you sighed, shaking your head to yourself. "yeah, i am going with someone."

"oh-! okay, were you the one to ask them?" he continued, smiling, and you turned to him, confused. "cause i really wanna ask junpei to go with me, but i know he doesn't like being in big groups of people, so i'm nervous about asking, so i just wanted some advice on how to ask."

you stared at him for a second, your mind racing. "with jun.. uh, i just asked them. normally. i didn't make it a big deal." you shrugged, biting your lip and looking away as you finished, and he nodded, mumbling to himself. screw it, why not say what you were thinking? "i kinda thought you were about to ask me to go, i started panicking.."

"huh? oh-! no, i mean, i was, maybe, if- er-" he stopped, shaking his head, and you smiled a little, watching him struggle to word things out. "that's kinda why i asked, too, cause if you weren't gonna go, or didn't have someone to go with, i might've, but first i wanted to ask junpei, and i also had to wait on su.." he trailed off, and you tilted your head, seeing him inhale, stepping back and stretching his arms above his head. "well, if we're done, i'm gonna go find fushiguro, okay?"

"okay.." you waved, watching him run off, sighing and walking to the nearest wall, slamming your head against it.