in case you couldn't tell, i absolutely despise sports

"you hit someone with a ball?"

"yeah, i think i broke something on them." you grumbled, resting your head on the table as yuuta rubbed circles over your back, trying to get you to calm down from your rant about the event from yesterday. "i told maki about it, but.. she seemed angry at me.."

"well, you're not really one for being violent.. or just physical fighting.." he frowned, looking up at inumaki. "what do you think?"

"maki seemed stressed earlier.." he mumbled, all of you thinking back to the beginning of class, when maki hadn't said a word to any of you and immediately left at the beginning of break to go see nobara. "she probably just doesn't want you getting hurt.."

"believe me, if i have to go help coach utahime again, i'm gonna get beat up." you sighed, frowning. "she did scream at the team, though, so either they'll leave me alone or i'll just die."

"i.. hope it's the former.."

"me too."

the bell rang, and you stood up, grabbing your bag and walking behind the two out the door, almost out before a leg suddenly stuck out in front of you, yelling when you tripped over it, the two in front immediately turning as you landed on the floor.

you turned to glare up at whoever made you fall, eyes widening. a baseball kid. uh oh.

and of course you were with yuuta, who was scared of confrontation, and toge, who hated talking. so you just laid there for a second, frowning at nothing.

"y/n, you okay?" the raven haired leaned down to help you up, and you nodded, getting off the floor with a sigh. he turned to the person who tripped you, frowning. "you.. shouldn't do that.."

he just shrugged, walking away, and you saw him meet up with two of his friends (also on the team!! wow!!), both of them laughing at what he did.

"are you okay?" inumaki asked, both of them beside you now, and you frowned, just nodding. "this isn't good.. i wish we had the same classes as you.."

"i'll be fine. i've got toudo in a couple classes, and he said i have a good taste in women, so he'll defend me."

"wait, really? he said i have a boring taste.." yuuta mumbled, frowning, and you smiled a little, toge nodding in agreement. "wait, what's your taste in women-?"

"dominant girl who could peg me."

"he.. thought that was good?"

"i'm pan with a preference for men, he said it was exciting that i'm into that. which was a bit weird. what'd you say?"

"a girl who's not scared to show her feelings.."

"oh, yeah, that's not all that exciting."

"you're one to talk-!"

they eventually had to go to their own class, leaving you on your own, stepping into the classroom and sitting at the back of the room (thank you for not assigning seats), resting your head on your desk while you waited on the teacher.

class was slow, information going in one ear and out the other, assignments getting thrown into your bag with less than half of it done, going to other classes, lunch (maki still didn't sit with you and the others), class, class, class..

"listen up, if i see any of you hit l/n with a ball, yell at him, spit at him, anything, whether intentional or not, it'll be detention for a month, plus no playing in games."

that was thoughtful, you thought, though you still wondered why the hell you were helping. if you hadn't gotten out of that shed and gotten utahime, you probably would've been beat up really badly.