comfort

you stared at the small stuffed animal on the counter, trying to stop yourself from grabbing it. it was just a toy, you didn't have any need for it, and- and sukuna had grabbed it, putting it on the counter where all your other items were. you turned to him, and he just sighed, pulling a wallet out to pay for whatever he had bought.

the cashier thanked you both as you left, a bag of items in your hand with your other arm around sukuna's to try to balance yourself, your legs were still shaking. you walked for another minute before turning, your eyes widening. "my house is the other way-"

"we're going to mine." he grumbled, your eyes widening slightly. "i don't know where everything is in your house, and you've been to mine, it'll be easier."

"oh.." you turned to the ground, mind racing. last time you had gone to his house hadn't exactly been the best experience, so. "what about-"

"yuuji is staying over at megumi's tonight."

"oh." so you'd be alone with him. that was a little scary, considering what had happened last time. "you.. really don't have to do all this, i would've been-"

"if you say you would've been fine on your own one more time, i'm abandoning you right here." he huffed, and you bit your lip before wincing, staying silent the rest of the way until you made it to his house, unlocking the door and walking in. "just sit down, i'm gonna go get some hot water running."

"huh?" your eyes widened, struggling to take your shoes off as he walked down the hall, hearing water running a second later. i mean, you did have to clean wounds or they'd get infected, but..

you poked your head into the bathroom, seeing him rummage through the bag of items, turning when he noticed you. "why're you just standing there?"

because you were nervous, embarrassed, worried, the list went on. but mostly confused. why was he being so nice to you? i mean, he was still being rude, and a bit of an ass, but he was also being nice.

"quit being all quiet, it's weird." he mumbled, placing stuff on the counter before turning to you. "now take off your clothes and get in."

"okay, okay.." you bit your lip, struggling to pull your shirt off without hurting yourself, tossing it on the floor, glancing over at him again. he was leaning against the counter, squinting at a couple tubes of medicine you had bought. you hadn't exactly looked at what they were, just bought whatever looked like it would help. you sighed, tugging the rest of your clothes off and getting the water, wincing at the hot feeling against your bruises and cuts, leaning over and holding your knees to your chest.

you looked over when he leaned down beside you, opening one of the tubes and mumbling to himself, putting some of the medicine onto his finger. "give me your arm."

you did as asked, raising it up, and he held it with one hand while putting the medicine on with the other, rubbing it over anything that looked like it hurt, making you wince slightly. but it was working already, the pain dying down and the bleeding in some cuts fully stopping. he sighed, and your rested your arm on the edge of the tub. "okay, just wash up then tell me when you're done so we can apply the rest of this."

"okay.." you watched him stand, putting the tube down before leaving, and you sighed, leaning back against the wall of the tub, biting your lip with a wince. this was probably the longest you had gone without fighting him, and of course it was when you were naked in his bathtub.

after a few minutes, you got out, the water draining as you dried yourself off, being careful of anything that hurt, shivering as you pulled bandages off your skin. you looked in the mirror, frowning. you looked terrible, this would probably take a week to heal.