Hidden Meanings- Sophiana

Word count: ~1600 words

Wow, I've written quite a bit of Sophiana. But honestly, I just really adore it. It might even my top Biana ship now, if not top 3.

This is for sophiana week on tumblr! It's technically for day 1- Flowers, but this is prolly gonna be uploaded on a free day. Alternate title is 'Five Times Sophie Received Flowers, And One Time She Gave Them'

Idk if I'd need to say this but uh... reminder that I have not read Unlocked.

Sophie groaned, falling backwards on to the bed dramatically. Biana sat down next to her, but in a much more graceful way.

"At least you didn't get as injured compared to the last attack," Biana said.

"You know that doesn't help me at all, right? I finally managed to obtain a very very vague sleep schedule, and now it's gonna be broken again!"

"Braiding your hair was how you fell asleep in the past, right?" Biana asked.

Sophie turned to her. "You don't have to do that! I don't want you inconveniencing yourself!"

She got up and glared mockingly. "I've literally been waiting for the day. I am not being 'inconvenienced by you' so wait right there I'll be back!"

"Bia, I don't want a makeover!"

"I'm just braiding your hair, that's all."

With that, Biana went to a different part of the bedroom and came back a few minutes later, with a hair brush and some leaves. They looked like oak leaves actually, Sophie was surprised to recognize them, considering that the List Cities had so many unique flowers.

"Oak leaves?"

"Yeah." Biana sat down behind her. "Oak leaves. I'm gonna put them in your hair."

Sophie sat up, allowing for Biana to brush her hair. It was painful for the first few moments, but it was clear that Biana was really good at what she was doing, as the pain started to ease.

Warm fingers entered her hair, and the slight tug told her that the braiding had begun. She closed her eyes and focused on the feeling of Biana. If she concentrated hard enough, she could feel when the leaves were entwined with her hair. But as the minutes passed by, she found it harder to concentrate.

The next thing she knew, she was asleep.

When Sophie looked in the mirror the next day, she smiled, despite her bedhead. The oak leaves were still there. When she went home, she gingerly took the leaves and put them in a place so they could preserve.

•~•~•~•~•~•

"Bia," Sophie called. "I'm tired, but can't sleep."

"Did you sleep well last night?"

"Yeah, slept peacefully."

"Do you want me to do it again?"

Sophie recalled the night before, the warm feeling she had when her hair was being braided. "If you want." She didn't want to be a bother.

"I told you, I've been waiting for this day. Okay, I'll be back with more flowers."

A minute later, she was back with more flowers in hand. This time, the flowers were small and were a light purple.

"Lilacs," Biana stated, but didn't seem to feel the need to say more than that.

Sophie sat still and closed her eyes. Biana was humming quietly. She had a fantastic voice actually, and had a high vocal range, her voice hitting a large series of notes. She ended up being lulled to sleep.