Confessions- Sophitz

Word count: ~1000 words

This one here's a request from Kotlc_Sofitz_Fan! Sorry it took so long (I totally didn't completely forget about it). Anyways, I'm going with the prompt of 'Amy???' (minus the ?, because it's always fun to write snarky Amy).

Its a confession scene, and hope you enjoy!

"Wait what?" Sophie asked, because surely she didn't hear that right.

"I have a girlfriend," Amy repeated.

"You. Have a girlfriend."

"Um, yeah? So now I'm ordering you to go and confess, because it's embarrassing that I started dating before you."

Sophie only raised an eyebrow. "Were you even the one to confess?"

Amy crossed her arms, and stared right into Sophie's eyes. "Obviously. I'm not a coward."

Her confidence was unnerving, but Sophie wondered if it was just a cover-up.

"You know it's hard to ask your crush out when you're so busy saving the world, right?"

"Exactly! You're saving the world! So asking Fitz out should be easy!"

"That's not-"

The teasing grin on Amy's face vanished, and she looked a lot more serious now. "Look, when it comes to saving the world, you're bound to make a lot of mistakes, right? I guarantee that he's seen you when you angry, upset, numb, and all that. I'm sure you've seen him at his worst too."

She considered that. When Alden's mind broke, Fitz had lashed out at everyone. It was a painful memory, and one of the moments where she realized how much she'd idealized him at first. She didn't lose her love for him, if anything, after everything that they'd went through together, it only grew.

"You supported him through his tough times, and I know for a fact that he's done the same with you. So if you go out and confess, he's not going to hate you, and it's not going to ruin your friendship."

"Okay, what have you done with my sister and why is she so wise?"

"I'm giving you advice and this is the treatment I get?"

•~•~•~•~•~•

The conversation with Amy was actually assuring. Sophie had been constantly questioning the consequences of confessing. What if things became awkward between them? What if it ruined their cognate bond?

If a confession is all it takes to ruin your relationship, was it even that strong in the first place? A voice that sounded suspiciously like Amy told her.

Amy really had grown a lot over the past few years. Sophie wished that she could have been able to see that happen.

She took out her imparter, ready to call Fitz. She just needed a moment to breathe and then she'd get to it. Then-

"Just call him, coward," Amy said, casually walking past her.

"I'm not a coward!"

"I still don't see you calling him!" Then she ran out the room, as if she knew that Sophie would have tackled her for that.

Sophie took a deep breath, then hailed Fitz.

"Hey!" She winced at her too-loud voice. "I mean uh- how are you doing?"

Fitz only smiled. "Hey Sophie. I'm doing fine, what about you?"

"I'm good too. Just called to ask if you'd like to come over or not?"

"Do you want me get Biana too?"

"Uh, just you? I wanted to ask you something?"

He nodded. "I'll be over in a few moments."

"Okay, great! I'll get the snacks prepared and you can meet me by the Panakes tree. Is that okay?"

"Okay."

There were already some snacks prepared, so Sophie took some of them, pleased to see that there were even some ripplefluffs- in Fitz's favourite flavour too.

"Good luck, Soybean," Amy wished as Sophie made her way outside.

She turned to scowl at the nickname only to nearly fall over. Only quick reflexes and telekinesis managed to save everything. Sophie ignored the snickering and went outside.

After a few minutes, Fitz arrived. He greeted her, then sat down next to her.

"What did you need to ask me?" He asked.

"I'm uh... working up to that? I just need a little bit of time to compose myself, is that alright?"

He smiled. "Okay. We can eat while we wait."

Sophie expected the silence to feel tense, she expected to feel those words she wanted to let out bubble up, but surprisingly, that wasn't the case. Maybe it was because of the panake blossoms, or maybe it was because of the fact that she was comfortable with Fitz, she didn't know.

There were multi-coloured petals blowing in the gentle breeze, reminding Sophie of romantic scenes from the movies.

"Hey Fitz?" She called, turning towards him.

"Yeah?" One of the petals had fallen in his hair.

Before she could stop herself, her hand reached out the brushed the petal from his hair. His mouth parted, his cheeks flushing a very light pink. The look gave her the courage to continue, and she rested a hand against his cheek.

"Fitz," she breathed. "I really like you. Can I kiss you?"

Wait Sophie, isn't that a little too forward???

He smiled, then moved closer to her. "I'd love it if you could do that."

She could feel the butterflies in her stomach, but as she leaned in, she knew that this wasn't something that she needed to worry about. When their lips met and their arms wound around each other, it was perfect.

When they pulled away, Fitz asked, "Was that what you wanted to ask me?"

She nodded. "I've had a crush on you since we met."

"Oh, really? I've been crushing on you for a while, and I kept wondering if you'd feel the same. I almost kissed you once."

She laughed. "Really?"

Now that she thought of it, she was able to remember it. Coincidentally, it had also been in the same place.

"Yeah, I have. What drove you to confess?"

"Apparently Amy has a girlfriend. So she told me to confess."

He nodded slowly. "That makes sense. Biana's been doing the same thing ever since she started dating Linh."

"Do you think they'll stop now that we're together, or do you think they'll find a way to tease us more?"

"They'll definitely tease us more, knowing them."

Sophie took his hand. "Let's sit here for a little longer then."

"Yeah, let's do that."