Birthday Party- Sophiana

Word count: ~1800 words

This prompt I found on tumblr (the first sentence) is made by rapperbinnie. Not a request.

"YOU SAID TO BE HONEST! STOP HITTING ME!" Sophie screeched, dodging yet another pillow.

"You said I look ridiculous!" Biana glared, another pillow in hand.

"I'm being honest!"

"Well... Uh..." Biana froze, trying to think of a suitable reply. "Couldn't you find a nicer way to say it?"

"Look, I think the colour of your dress matches with your make-up really well."

Biana crossed her arms. "And..?"

"Well, I think you went overboard. It's just... I invited you to Amy's birthday party, and you'll be the one looking like the birthday girl."

Biana nodded, understanding. She turned to her dresser, and began removing some of the accessories.

"You still look good!" Sophie said, worried that Biana was offended. "But like, you're just naturally super pretty, so a lot of the attention will be on you!"

When Biana turned back to face her, she was smiling. She was wearing a little less jewelry, her face was no longer glowing, but she still had that Biana flare. "Is that better?"

Sophie smiled, embracing the shorter girl. "Much better." They stood there for a few minutes, comfortable in each other's arms.

"Oh," Sophie began, pulling away. "I forgot to mention but I brought Amy here too, so you can dress her up as much as you please."

As if on cue, the door opened, and Amy came walking in.

Biana's teal eyes glittered with excitement. "Well why didn't you say so earlier?"

Sophie shrugged nonchalantly. "Surprise?"

Biana ignored her, turning to the younger girl. "How old are you turning?"

"Fifteen in human years. Technically I'm fourteen in Elvin years," Amy replied. "You know, when Sophie said she had a girlfriend, I was completely shocked. I didn't think she had it in her."

"Hey!" Sophie protested.

Amy raised an eyebrow. "You're a disaster bi, am I wrong?"

Biana laughed. "Disaster bi, she is."

"I see why she likes you so much. The lesbian in me is just..." Amy waved her arms dramatically. "You're gorgeous."

"Not as much you'll be when I'm done dressing you up!"

Sophie watched in amusement as Biana chased Any around so she could do her makeup. While Amy was a lot more feminine than she was, there were still a lot of similarities between them.

But when Amy was done, she was grinning, and twirled in her dress. "What kind of sorcery is this? Adhira is defini-" she cut herself off.

"Adhira? Who's Adhira?" Sophie screeched. "Do you have a girlfriend and you didn't even tell me?"

Amy shrugged. "Not quite."

"Ah, so a crush," Biana guessed. "Tell us about her."

"She's really strong," Amy began.

Sophie was appalled. Amy would never talk about her crushes when Sophie asked. Why was Biana able to fish out the answers? But she kept quiet, otherwise Any would stop talking.

"I remember I joined an archery club last year for fun. Technically met her then, but I didn't start crushing on her until this year. Also we happen to sit right next to each other. She's pretty nice, and we bonded over our hatred for electricity."