Hair- Sokeefe

Word count: ~400 words

erainka I bet you forgot that you made a request here (tbh fair, as for some reason I never made a reply???). Anyways it's been over six months, it's really short but here we go!

Sophie and Keefe sat at the Panakes tree, small blossoms falling gracefully. It was the only thing that stopped the awkward tension from increasing further.

"Uh... Foster? Are you alright?"

Sophie adored just how considerate he was. He always asked how she felt, and it was a surprise she hadn't fallen in love with him earlier.

"Yeah," she shrugged. "I'm fine."

He raised an eyebrow. "You're making me feel real nervous there. You need to talk it out?"

How am I supposed to just admit that I have a crush on you? She thought. So instead, she said. "Nah, I'm fine."

He scooted closer to her. "I won't pressure you, but what if... What if I revealed a secret if you tell me?"

A secret? That she didn't know? She was torn. She wanted to know, but she didn't want to blurt out her crush, and Keefe was an empath, so he'd know if she was lying. But there was something about him... he was smiling so softly, not like his usual smirk. It was when he looked at her like that that she would just feel like a puddle of goop.

"Ilikeyou!" She blurted out. Maybe he heard it, maybe not. But the truth was out.

His hand reached forwards, tucking a stray lock of hair that fell in front of her face. Her hair blew in the wind, and Sophie wondered if this was like all the dramas on tv.

"You wanna know my secret Foster?" Keefe whispered. She nodded. "I like you too. Can I kiss you?"

Sophie smiled at him, and leaned towards him. Their lips met, but there was something in between them- something thin and unpleasant.

Keefe pulled away quickly, a grimace on his face. "Foster, when I asked to kiss you, I thought it would be well... On the lips? Not your hair? Hair tastes gross."

"As if I had control!" Sophie huffed.

He smiled again. "Make that face again, you look adorable!"

Sophie turned away. She grabbed her hair, and made a loose braid with it. "It should be fine now."

They kissed again. Their noses bumped into each other at first, but then he helped her move her face into a better angle. It was short, but sweet, and it left both of them grinning widely.

"I'm glad you're here with me," she whispered to him.

"I'm glad you're here with me too."

Fun fact, this was inspired by the fact that I have long hair and had to go outside, the wind was blowing it amd it was nice, and then all my hair went into my face. That's my entire inspiration