Way Too Weird (Even For Me)- The Whole Gang

Word count: ~600 words

Many things to make clear here.

1) In this case, whole gang means the main 8 + Wylie (wow, took like 24 parts to finally include him). It also happens to be from his pov because I needed someone reasonable

2) I got the prompt "how is that even possible?" from a writing game that @/i-love-side-characters on Tumblr made where she gives you a line and you have to include it in your story. So yeah, this is mine

3) also got inspiration from an incorrect quote by @/imaramennoodle on tumblr which is like plot of this story

4) this oneshot is pure crack. Also no pairings. Enjoy!

"Is this normal?" Wylie pointed to Sophie sitting on a couch in Everglen, eating grass.

He rarely came over to their sleepovers, but he today, he felt like joining them. He was already starting to question whether that was a good idea or not.

"Did you miss the part where Keefe was the one feeding it to Sophie?" Biana asked, not looking up as she casually braided Marella's hair.

"Um, what?"

"We already fed her moss and leaves," Dex added.

Wylie didn't think that this should be discussed so casually. Were they just giving her random food items? And Sophie would actually eat them? He was definitely not prepared for any of this.

"You should try rocks next!" Marella suggested.

And to his horror, Linh left the room and came back with rocks. She went up to Sophie, then stuck her hand in front of her face.

"Eat this," Linh said.

To his relief, Sophie didn't accept the rock.

"It looks like Foster doesn't eat rocks," Keefe remarked. "Bangs Boy, write that down!"

Tam was sitting off to the side. "Don't tell me what what do." But he started writing anyways.

"You support this?" Wylie asked. "I thought you were responsible! And Linh, you too!?"

"There's no point in stopping it from happening," Fitz said. "You might as well enjoy the show."

Wylie went over to Tam. "What exactly has she eaten?"

"She's eaten twigs before. And sometimes she eats worms."

"Worms. As in... the animals? She was eating animals?"

Coming over to Everglen was a mistake. He knew that the group was chaotic and got into trouble, but this was just weird.

"She's rejected my cooking sometimes," Fitz said with a sigh, not even bothering to answer his question. "I'd be offended, but then she took it the next time. So we're not sure what's going on there."

Wylie pinched the bridge of his nose. So Sophie was willing to eat sticks but not someone's cooking? And if he recalled properly, Fitz was actually a good cook too.

•~•~•~•~•~•

"Fitz is gonna be so mad at me," Biana began. "But I have another idea."

Wylie wasn't sure if he was able to watch any more of this.

"Ooh, do tell!" Keefe said.

"I'm gonna steal his shoelaces, I'll be back."

He wondered if she'd actually been waiting for Fitz to leave for the shower so she could suggest it.

A few minutes later, Biana was back. Not with one pair of shoelaces, but a whole ton. He suspected that she took all of them.

"Alright Sophie," she said. "Eat this."

She held out one of the laces, and Sophie took it from her. She put it in her mouth, then sucked it into her mouth. Then she took another one. And another.

"How is that even possible?" Wylie asked, absolutely shocked at what he had just witnessed.

Because she wasn't even chewing it either. She was eating whole shoelaces.

"Foster can be really weird, but it's interesting to see," Keefe replied.

...interesting was definitely a word to describe that. And because nothing was going to be done about it, he just stared until all the shoelaces were done. Seriously, how was she able to stomach them!?

Some time later, Fitz came back from the shower. "Did I miss any other tests?"

"Uh... yeah," Dex said. "She really loves shoelaces."

Fitz turned to Biana. "So that's where all of my spare shoelaces went? You fed her all of them?"

"She did," Wylie told him. "It was... really weird to watch."

He didn't think he could deal with any more of this, but it seemed like he had no choice now. It was either get used used it, or find ways to feed Sophie more edible things.

But he had a feeling that it'd be the former that would happen.