Lights Glowing Bright- Sophiana

Word count: ~700 words

Here's a request from Shadowhorse11! They requested a Sophiana oneshot for either Christmas or halloween, so here's a christmas one! It's quite short, but hopefully you enjoy!

Also, I will no longer be accepting requests for a little bit. Not permanently, but I'll be sure to let yall know when I'm accepting them again

"Okay, so I'm kinda confused as to what's going on here," Sophie said, turning to Biana who was coming down the stairs.

She pointed towards the middle of their living room, where a giant tree stood tall. Her neck hurt with the angle she had to look just to see the top of it.

Biana crossed her arms. "This was the best tree that I could find! I know that the humans use small, fake ones, but I could never allow some fake tree inside the house."

"Why's it so tall?" Sophie asked.

"I wanted to get a taller one, but it wouldn't have been able to get it to fit."

Sophie blinked. "How did you even- y'know what, never mind."

"It took me forever to bring the tree here, and not even a thank you?"

She walked up to Biana, then kissed her on the cheek. "Thank you," she said, smiling at the way Biana's expression softened. "It's gonna be a pain to decorate it though."

Biana grinned. "Don't worry, I've got that covered."

•~•~•~•~•~•

Christmas was a topic that Sophie had casually mentioned two weeks ago. When she saw white flakes fluttering to the ground, she felt nostalgic. It'd been years since she'd last celebrated Christmas, and she missed the warmth and joy from sharing presents with her family in front of the glowing tree.

When she spoke about the holiday that she'd always loved, it was just meant to be a small part of her life that she was sharing, similar to how she was constantly learning about the childhoods of her friends.

What she didn't expect was for Biana to bring out a large box that contained ornaments of all sorts of colours, along with fairy lights.

"They might not quite be the same as you're used to, but Dex put a lot of effort into making them," Biana said. "He said that they won't require uh... was it called electricity?"

"Bi, this is so cool!" Sophie said, and hugged her girlfriend tightly. "And remind me to tell Dex thank you."

She nodded. "Will do." She flicked her hands, and dozens of ornaments floated towards the tree.

"Wait! Don't do that!" Sophie yelled. "A lot of the appeal is from decorating it yourself! There's no fun in just using telekinesis."

Biana looked up at the top of the tree. "This might take a while then. Can we at least levitate, because I don't really feel like climbing. Maybe I should have gotten a smaller tree, after all."

Sophie shrugged. "It's gonna look really pretty!"

"Damn right, we're gonna have the best Christmas tree ever!"

The two of them got to work, taking the fairy lights and draping it around the branches. They floated up, spinning around the tree in sync. Once they finished that, they moved on to the ornaments. This step took a lot longer, because of the number of ornaments they had to put on. Then came the tinsel, and by the end of it, the tree was decorated beautifully.

"What about the star at the top?" Sophie asked.

"Don't worry, I've got it. Stay right there."

Biana floated to the top of the tree, and placed the star. She clapped twice in quick succession, and descended slowly. The lights slowly turned on, bathing Biana in a warm glow. All Sophie could think as she watched her girlfriend reach the ground was, You're beautiful.

Then the lights dimmed significantly, as white shaped like snow began to fall gracefully. There was no cold feeling when the flakes touched her.

"It's light," Biana explained with a smile. "I wasn't completely sure how to make the tree even more special, and J figured that the snow would add to the festive atmosphere."

The snowflake-shaped lights were a bright white as they fell onto Biana's hair.

"It's perfect," Sophie breathed, completely astounded at the sight.

She couldn't believe that Biana had gone through all of this effort just to give her this experience. She'd went out of her way to get a tree and decorations, all because Sophie had mentioned missing Christmas once.

"I love you, Biana," Sophie said, wrapping her arms around her and giving her a kiss. "I love you so much, thank you. You're the best."

"I love you too," Biana said, resting her forehead against Sophie's. "If there's any other human traditions you want to celebrate, I'll be right here with you."