Our Very Own Story- Queerplatonic Fedex

Word count: ~7300 words

Woo, it's finally here! I've been working on this for ages, but it managed to become over 7k words long. This and 'Our Very Own Melody' (Kam) take place in the same au.

It's not necessary to read one before the other, since they both happen at the same time, just with different characters. (I think there's one big inconsistency about timing, since I never mentioned the fedex in the previous chapter)

Just a refresher for this au. It's a human soulmates au. When you become emotionally close with your soulmate, the mental bond develops. And then you can do stuff like read minds and feel emotions from each other. It's telepathy/empathy.

So yeah, Fedex are soulmates, but its qplatonic. Also platonic soulmates is something I couldn't pass up on doing.

Ve/vem Dex and she/ae Biana because why shouldn't I

Last thing, but I never established ages last part. But basically Fitz, Keefe, Tam and Linh are all in the same grade, which is one higher than the others.

Fitz remembered the days that he played the piano. He still played it in the present, but not to the extent that he had in the past. He used to constantly play it, something that he was partially forced to do.

It wasn't like he didn't enjoy it, because he did. He'd started at a young age, and as he grew older, he found himself creating parts to songs. Just a few notes, maybe long enough for a verse, he didn't have the same passion to create music like Keefe would using his violin.

If anything, he preferred to write lyrics. He liked being able to tell stories with words. It was at the end of elementary school where he'd realized that it wasn't writing music that interested, but writing in general. He had so many ideas flowing inside of him, and a powerful imagination.

When middle school came, he started to explore some of the possibilities. He tried poetry, but while it was fun, it wasn't his thing. He particularly enjoyed writing short stories for English class. He didn't spend that much time focusing on writing though, he spent most of his free time hanging out with Keefe, Biana, Sophie, and rarely, Dex.

It was in eighth grade when Biana practically forced him to watch the school play with her and Sophie. (Keefe, for some reason, had been allowed to decline the invitation. That alone made Biana's intentions suspicious).

From start to finish, he was amazed by what he saw. The play was one that he'd heard of, but didn't know the plot to. Each movement of the actor was a sentence in his head, he could see the words written down on paper, ready to be acted out. He knew that script writing wasn't as simple as that, the formatting was different, but still he was curious.

After the play was over, the three of them started walking to take Sophie home. "So, did you like it?" Biana asked.

"It was good," Fitz replied. "The lighting was really great."

That was another thing that made script writing different compared to writing a short story. When writing something to be acted out, you had to be able to imagine the scene, know what kind of lighting would be needed and what special effects were needed in order to emphasize something, or in order to make something happen.

"It was great!" Sophie agreed. "Dex did a really good job behind the scenes!"

"Wait, Dex was involved with the play?" Fitz asked.