Set My Heart Alight- Marellinh (Part 1) (OUMH(ALMFFF))

Word count: ~13500 words

Part 1 of 2 because dear stars this is getting too long

Aka: Part 2 of "Open Up My Heart (And Let My Feelings Fly Free)"

(Reading The Heart is part 1, recommended to be read first but not necessary)

Anyways, back at it with my orv au! As mentioned earlier, reading Reading The Heart is not necessary, since they take place at the same time. Though, RTH sets up the world in a way that would be helpful

Anyways, a recap of the au itself just in case: Keefe reads a webcomic, KOTLC, about an apocalypse. In this apocalypse you have to clear scenarios in order to survive, and beings known as constellations can sponsor you coins, or offer help

Tam is the protagonist of KOTLC, and a regressor, meaning every time he dies, he is transported back to the beginning of the apocalypse with all his memories. So he uses his knowledge to get further.

When the webcomic comes to life, Keefe uses his knowledge of KOTLC to have them all survive.

This fic actually deals with Linh and ver perspective! Ve/ver Linh, and He/she Marella

So. Warnings for the chapter include but not limited to: Violence, background death (kinda graphic depictions of children and animal deaths in the beginning, especially), trauma (see, previous point), brief suicidal thoughts in response to trauma, drowning/fear of water

"Tam, come look at this shell I found!" Without waiting for his reaction, Linh dragged ver brother by the arm across the beach towards the shell that ve found.

Tam pulled out his camera. "You just wanted me to take a picture, didn't you?"

Ve beamed, and he took the picture.

"I'm taking the shell with me too," ve said. "I just like watching you take pictures."

"You want one with you holding it?"

Ve nodded happily, and posed. Tam took the picture, a smile on his face.

•~•~•~•~•~•

Linh Song was ver name, but there was something odd about seeing the last name there. Ve had no knowledge of a family. All ve knew was that ve had woken up one day with ver brother Tam at the age of twenty two. What happened beforehand?

Despite having nothing going on for them, making their life was quite simple. Records of their existences already existed, with education levels (information ve couldn't recall learning, but knew anyway), and other important details. They were all pieces to some giant puzzle, but ve had no idea what the full picture was supposed to look like.

Tam became a professional photographer, famous for being able to work with bizarre requests for odd lighting. Linh got verself a job at the aquarium; ve loved taking care of the animals and it was fun to give tours to wide-eyed, curious children.

"Everyone, you're allowed to put your hands in the water here and pet the animals inside, if you want," ve said. "Be respe-"

There was a bright flash of light that blinded ver, scaring the animals.

"Excuse me," ve said calmly, "if anyone has their camera flash on, please make sure it is o-"

Linh froze. In front of ver, a white fluffy creature was floating. Ve loved animals, but this thing came out of nowhere, and stared at ver with deep black eyes and a mischievous smile.