Won't You Shine With Me (Oh Distant Star Of Mine)- Hekster + Others

Word count: ~23000 words (I've added word counts for each chapter now) (tumblr and ao3 got this fic split into 6 chapters but i don't feel like doing that here)

Ships for this fic are hekster (stina/sophie), kam, marelliana, and fedex. hekster gets the main focus but the others have their chances to shine

Okay so! I watched an anime called Revue Starlight, which is basically a magical girl anime about theatre lesbians swordfighting each other. And now I can't help but make an au with the kotlc characters

No knowledge of the anime needed at all, but would recommend you watching it for fun! It's only 12 episodes and it's a great time! I write straight to the end of revue starlight, but I don't spoil a major plot point, so you'll still get some surprises!

I know very little of theatre and fight scenes which is like... 3/4 of the fic so pls correct/disregard the things that don't make sense. Actually in general this is pretty new territory, because this is a very emotion driven fic and (negative) emotions are something i need to practice writing

There's lyrics! They're all in "italics+quotation marks", and most of the time i specify who says what, but if i didn't, it should be fairly obvious who says what

"This" means all parties sing at once
"But something (like this)" means that the first party sings the verse but second sings the bracket part in the background.
I wrote the lyrics myself except they're just incohesive lines with no rhythm to them but I tried my best!!!

(Also pls pretend they're all the same age so they can be in the same class)

Warnings: censored swearing, brief depiction of drowning, fire

ACT 1, SCENE 1

Keeper Of The Lost Cities. A play about a Telepath and an Empath. The Telepath's arrival in the Lost Cities was a harbinger for struggle and change. Various threats tried to demolish the system that the people lived by-though it wasn't like the system was necessarily as good as the people had believed it to be.

So the Telepath and the Empath ventured to the Point of Purity so they could seek out the best way to save their world. They'd already had the power of sunlight and moonlight, all they needed now was the light of the stars. Once the star and its light was obtained, they would have the power and wisdom required to make their choice.

The Empath turned to the Telepath with a relieved smile, relieved that they had both made it here. However, instead of feeling relief from the Telepath, the Empath could only sense dread.

Before the Empath could voice out those concerns, the Telepath pushed the Empath off the platform they were both standing on.

No one ever saw the Telepath again, nor what the Telepath had done with the light of the stars.

ACT 1, SCENE 2

Keeper of the Lost Cities again? Stina thought.

"Each year, the classes perform two plays. One of them is an original that the playwrights will create, and the other is the play that you've performed last year. By performing it each year in your high school years, you'll all be able to see just how much you've improved."

Mr. Forkle droned on and on about what was going to happen, how the playwrights had already started on their revised script and the auditions for Keeper of the Lost Cities would start soon.