Marry Me (There's Free Desserts)- Keefex

Word count: ~2500 words

Saw a post on Tumblr and immediately knew that I had to write it. Basically, human au where Dex and Keefe keep proposing to each other in restaurants so they can get free desserts. Keefe's about like 26, Dex is about like 25?

Enjoy!

"So," Keefe began, his eyes gleaming. Dex already knew that he had some idea, and needed Dex's help to go through with it. "You know how we booked that reservation to that fancy restaurant, right?"

Dex nodded. "And..?"

"How do you feel about getting free desserts?"

There was no way that it was as easy as that. "And how do we do that?"

Keefe clapped his hands together. "Did you know that when a proposal happens in a restaurant, the people doing the proposing get free dessert?"

Dex just looked at him. "You want to propose to me for free desserts?"

Keefe just waved a hand. "Don't be ridiculous. If you want to do the proposing, I'm cool with it!"

"You do know that we're not dating, right?"

If Keefe had made such an offer to him a few years ago, Dex probably would have panicked, would have stuttered and blushed. He still had a crush on Keefe, but their friendship had grown, and he worried less about the possibility of being rejected (though he still had no plans on actually confessing).

Keefe shrugged. "Just a thought, y'know?

Dex rested an arm on his shoulder. "For the record, I didn't say no."

He grinned. "Great!"

•~•~•~•~•~•

"Dex, what are you doing?"

Dex paused and turned towards Keefe, who was standing at his room doorway. "I'm looking for the ring?"

"I feel like if we're gonna be convincing, we'll need a fancy ring. And dude, most of the jewelry you own are stuff that you made, which are kinda plain."

He crossed his arms. "I'm taking the minecraft bee earrings back," he deadpanned.

"No!" Keefe shrieked, taking a step back and cupping his ears dramatically. "These are like the best things I've ever owned, and you gifted them to me. No take backsies!"

He turned back towards his dresser. "And I have two things to say to that. First off, back off, my stuff is cool. Using stuff that we made could be sentimental, and I doubt a waiter actually cares."

"Okay, that's fair. I shall not insult your jewelry again."

"Thank you. Secondly, I'm looking for a very specific ring that I didn't make, actually."

He sorted through a few more things, until he came across a small black case. He opened it, just to confirm what was inside- a silver ring with a gem that gleamed various shades of blue.

"Ooh, that's shiny, how come I've never seen that before?" Keefe asked, suddenly standing right next to him. "I've lived with you for what, six years now?"

"I only received it kinda recently, it was the ring dad proposed to mom with, and she gave it to me a few months ago for future use."

"Ooh, do you have any crushes? Actually- whatever, you don't need to say. I just wanna know if it fits me."

He picked up the ring and slipped it onto his ring finger. Dex noticed that it happened to fit perfectly.

"Give me your hand, I think we have the same ring size, but I wanna see!"