The Days That Come And Go (They'll Be Beautiful)- Sokeefitz

Word count: 514 words

For Sokeefitz week day 2, family! Adult!sokeefitz talking about children, feat ace Sophie.

"Hey Fitz, Sophie?" Keefe mumbled, shifting to sit up in bed.

Keefe was rarely the one to end a cuddle session, and paired with the fact that he wasn't using any nicknames meant that he had something serious to talk about.

So Sophie reluctantly untangled herself from Fitz and Keefe, sitting up, but resting her head on Keefe's shoulder as assurance. Fitz reached over her and lightly ruffled his hair.

"What is it?" Fitz asked.

"I know we've established that that Sophie's ace and won't sleep with us-which is perfectly okay-"

"Yeah yeah," Sophie cut him off, because she didn't want him go start apologizing when she already understood that he meant no harm saying it. "What's up?"

Keefe hummed. "I was wondering about children. Don't you think it'd be nice to have a little kid running around in our house?"

Sophie imagined the sight. A little kid running around, the three of them chasing after their child, Keefe teaching their child how to prank, baking lessons with Fitz...

"Yeah," Sophie breathed. "It would be nice."

"What about you, Fitz?" Keefe asked.

There was a pause.

"I'd like a child," Fitz said.

"Hey, Fitz, I'm still touching you," Keefe said. "You don't have to lie."

Sophie turned to face Fitz, who looked a little uncomfortable.

"I'm not-I'm not lying," he replied. "I guess I just..."

"Hey, relax Fitzy," Keefe soothed, "it was just a thought."

"I don't not want a child," Fitz said. "I just wonder... would I be a good father?"

Sophie understood him at once. He was probably thinking about the things that had happened when they were teenagers fighting against the Neverseen. "You'll definitely be."

"We've all gone to therapy," Keefe added. "You put in the work to improve yourself, and neither of us blame you. It's also been a really long time since then."

"I know, but, what if I messed things up?"

Sophie opened her mouth to tell him how everyone would mess up as parents, and that wouldn't make them inherently irredeemable, but then Keefe began speaking.

"It's terrifying to think about, isn't it?" Keefe said. "Mommy and Daddy Dearest weren't good parents, but they were major parts of my upbringing, and sometimes I wonder if that kind if thing runs in my blood. Obviously I know I won't be like them, I never was, but it's really hard to think about. Just gotta try your best, y'know? It'll be better than them, at least, and you have Foster and I with you."

Fitz hummed. "I guess. You really put some thought into this, didn't you?"

"Yeah. Still, it was just a suggestion, we don't have to do anything, especially not now."

"Would we adopt?" Sophie asked. "Or would we do something else?"

"Maybe adopt," Fitz said.

"Adoption sounds good," Keefe agreed. "Let's get back to cuddling now, we can talk more about this later."

Fitz smiled. "I can't wait to see what happens next, regardless of what we do. I'm glad I have you both by my side. I love you."

"Love you both too," Sophie agreed.