why do you care??

I ran to the park as waves of embarrassment overwhelmed me. I sat under the large tree in the centre of the park. This tree has been my happy place for years. I've been coming here when anything negative happens in my life. It has been the only thing that is always there for me. It helped me through my mum's constant outbursts, all the bullying I faced in primary school because of my quirk, and even through my horrible mental health. As I got comfortable my head fell into my hands as I began to bawl my eyes out.

I remained like this until I ran out of tears. I knew I couldn't go home so I stayed there watching the sunset. It started getting dark but I didn't care. The park was empty and I had a clear view of everything. I slowly began to fall asleep due to my lack of food and exhaustion.

"U-um y/n?" a voice called. I jolted forward, wiping my eyes, trying to look presentable.

"Y-yes hi" I stammered. I locked eyes with the person and it was the boy from before Bakugou I think his name was. "Oh it's you" I sighed relieved.

"Yh it's me" he softly smiled "I saw you running towards here a few hours ago and I came to see if you were ok"

"I'm fine" I lied staring at the overgrown grass.

"Are you sure??" He pleaded

"I said I'm fine, why do you even care??" I snapped at him immediately regretting it. His eyes widen but quickly softened at my remorseful expression.

He didn't say another word. He just sat next to me leaning against the tree. We sat in comfortable silence for another hour until he broke the silence. "It's getting late, let me walk you home". The mention of my home caused me to zone out making me reflect on the scene that happened earlier.

"U-um sure you can" I stuttered uncertainly.

"Oh ok then let's get going" he stood up holding a hand out for me. I accepted his help and we slowly walked to my house making light meaningless conversation.

"Well this is me" I said awkwardly as we approached my house. "Thank you again" I called out walking to the door.

"WAIT"

I turned around quickly scared by the loud shout. "Yeah?"

"Can I get your number??" Bakugou asked, scratching the back of his neck.

"Of course" I answered. We exchanged numbers and I made my way into the house.

Dad was sleeping on the couch with the TV still on. 'Was he trying to waiting for me' I thought walking up to him. I gently put a blanket over him and crept up to my room making the least amount of noise possible. I sighed falling back into my desk chair relieved. After 10 minutes of staring at the ceiling I got up and went to take a shower. I stepped out of the shower wiping down the foggy mirror started my skin care routine. Once I was done I put on some pyjamas and my favourite bonnet. I got into bed, checking my phone just before bed. I got a text from Bakugou.

I turned off my phone and went to bed

A/n: hiii sorry about the short chapter I was making stuff up but the next chapter will be better I promise.