Chapter twenty-seven

It has been months since the attack on Arceus.

Tudi and Tisa separated from the evil Darkrai Sklirós, and no known sight of the dark type was joyous news. He was probably dead anyways.

Pip and his team had gone back to normal pokemon jobs.

And Pip and Spout both evolved. Pip evolved into his final form, Primarina and Spout into her second form. Parker was still an Oshawott.

There was still some troubles. Avalon had been making fun of him still, and there's not much anyone can do.

Pip would go to Eule or his friend Parker, but Avalon was always willing to disappear for weeks just to get out of a punishment.

Though, she always got punished anyways when she came back.

Today wasn't any different, except Pip thought he saw one of the members of the Starter Squad, Churro, but it wasn't.

It was a younger Treecko who was being followed around by some friends. Pip assumed they were friends since they were following him closely and were chatting.

A female Pikachu, a male Froakie, and a couple others followed the Treecko as he made his way around town.

Hmmm, Pip thought to himself.

"Hey, Pip we've got a mission! Are you coming with us?" Parker asked him.

Pip continued staring at the group, unaware of his comrades leaving him.

"Oh yeah, I'm..." he trailed off.

"They left without me. Jeez." He commented simply.

He continued to watch them as they talked.

Then they seemed to get close to a cliff.

They could fall! He thought as he watched two Popplio get super close to the edge.

He immediately went over to help them, throwing his tail over the edge and saving the two before they could fall to their doom.

"Be careful next time, kids." He told them.

After having a nice chat with them, he continued on his way.

He almost thought he had to to put himself between the Kecleon and the Fennekin before the fennekin went crazy over one Charcoal, but the Pokemon from before managed to strike up a conversation with the Fennekin.

He backed away and tried to get a different job almost immediately after, upon seeing the Fennekin obsess over one of the Popplio. The male one to be specific.

The two Popplio were siblings and one was male, the other female.

But Pip didn't have time to talk to them anymore because he got a different job.

Maybe this would help distract him from his problems.

A Flygon causing terror in a town full of Shinies?

Pip supposed he could take that Flygon on. The Flygon shouldn't be able to hit him hard.

Well, maybe the Flygon can, but I've avoided death for so long and defeated a dangerous Electrode, so I think I can handle myself pretty well.

Pip prepared as much as he could for where he was going.

It was farther away than he was used to.

Pip checked his map one last time before heading out with a bag in his flippers.

He was heading into a mother dungeon.

He has been going into a lot of dungeons lately.

Though, usually he was with the other two members of his water team.

He could hold himself, still, but he assumed he would have a hard time, especially without his friends.

The dungeon Pokémon were easy to defeat. Most of them either were defeated in one hit or they ran away as soon he lowered their HP to a certain stat. Some of the Pokémon had an ability called Run Away. They weren't very fierce to begin with.

Noting worth noting except a couple of them were starters themselves.

One of them wanted to join his team, but he explained he wasn't one of those teams. Luckily this Pokémon was a starter. A grass type starter who was a female Grookey.

He explained to her that the starter squad would be happy to accept her and she left the dungeon, willing to join.

Funnily enough, the next floor a male Grookey also wanted to join him, and was also willing to join the squad.

Perhaps he was helping the squad make up for the huge dip in starters they've been losing. Though it didn't devalue the lives lost, it just gave the Squad more to work with.

He continued to work his way down the stairs and down the dungeon.

Why does this guy have to be at t he very bottom? At least be in the middle. Pip groaned in his mind.

The dungeon was also very deep, about 26 floors including the bottom.

Pip was counting every floor.

1, 2,3, and so on.

Eventually he reached the bottom and took a deep breath.

The Flygon he was searching for was nowhere in sight.

The job request said it was right here where they last saw her, so where could this Flygon be? He wondered as he checked the job request once again.

It confirmed what he thought he knew from reading it earlier. The Flygon should be here, but she was nowhere in eye's reach.

Suddenly, he was taken to the ground.

His reflexes kicked in, and he kicked her back.

She flapped her wings and stopped herself from going back farther than an inch or two.

"You!" She exclaimed in a growl.

"Me?" He questioned, prepared to fight her.

"Why do you fight in such a way? For the wrong side?" She asked him.

The wrong side? What in the good name of Arceus is wrong with this dragon type?

Pip stayed silent.

He was sure there was no use in trying to talk her out of it.

Pip used Moon Blast, sending her back and catching her by surprise. The attack also made her angry.

"Uh, hello! I was speaking to you! Don't you know it's rude to attack a Pokémon when they're talking to you?" She asked in annoyance.

"Yes, but you attacked me first. Plus, you're a wanted criminal! Why should I listen to the likes of you?" He asked, using Sparkling Aria.

The Flygon cried out in pain, hitting a wall without trying to flap her wings. She must have been stunned.

She quickly flapped back up.

"Oh, you! Annoying and ugly thing! I'm going to destroy you!"