Chapter fifteen

It's been a few long months since the event with the Kecleon.

Pip now was a part of a team.

" Come on, you guys!" Squealed a shiny Squirtle.

Pip sighed out his frustrations with her.

His depressed mood gotten worse since these two unholy Pokémon showed up. Well, they weren't unholy. Pip just couldn't stand their stupid faces any longer.

Especially...especially since the doucebag called Parker came into his life.

His life had already been the Distortion World itself, and now it was a fate worse than death.

Pip constantly acted uncool towards the otter and the green backed turtle as often as possible.

Of course the shiny Squirtle, Spout, never could get the hint that he had a distaste for her.

" We're burning daylight!" Spout cried to him and Parker.

Parker's eyes were half-lidded, showing signs that he wasn't paying attention to the conversation that Spout was sputtering.

Pip rolled his eyes at the annoying Pokémon.

He hated that Oshawott to his very core.

Everything about that Oshawott was just easy to hate. Pip hopped after his over-peppy partner.

At least one of them doesn't bug me so much. Pip thought as he pulled on the strings of his hoodie to hide his face. Only his nose peeked through.

Nobody should see the scars.

He didn't need anyone worrying about him.

When the two partners he was now stuck with showed up, he was just as surprised as he was when he was told that he was being forced to be in it.

His gaze fell to the ground, eyes finding their way to multiple sticks and tree roots, ensuring he wouldn't trip over any of them; that would make his situation worse.

Pip and his partners were out trying to find an outlaw. A specific outlaw that these three were told to find.

This outlaw was their first tough mission together.

Yuck. A mission with these dumb bells is going to go off worse than trying to take on a monster house! Pip convinced himself as his tongue went half out.

He flinched at the thought.

The only one who was okay with this was Spout. She was oblivious to the hatred going on behind her back as Parker tripped over the ground.

Pip snickered at his downfall. His literal downfall.

Parker glared at him. It felt like sparks were coming out of both of their eyes. They hated each other that much.

Spout continued on her happy skip.

They continued on their way, Pip and Parker smacking each other every step of the way.

Eventually they reached a split path and the two water starters stop instantaneously fighting each other when Spout turned around to question them: "Which path?"

" Left," Pip instantly said.

Parker growled at his answer.

" That obviously goes to the death forest." Parker exaggerated. " We should go right! It looks safer."

"Ugh! You're new to this. It might look scarier, but don't judge the forest by it's looks. Let me handle this." Pip said with anger.

When he was alone he was the one to make decisions. Choosing a path with these two was more ridiculous than getting Pokémon to like him.

"I can't believe you don't trust my judgment! Your heart is as dark as that forest!" Parker shouted at him.

Pip was mad, but his anger was quickly replaced by shock before going back to being angry again.

"Well...go to the right path for all I care. Come on, Spout. We're wasting time," Pip grumbled as he hobbled ahead, grabbing Spout's paw.

He was pulled back by Spout.

" No," she said.

Pip had a look of confusion on his face.

No? But why no?

Pip's confusion turned to anger. He clenched his paws, his teeth gritted.

" No?" He asked, shaking. He started to feel unstable. The word kept repeating itself inside his mind.

The word was something more to Pip than just a refusal. It was a sign that he has always been rejected by everyone for being himself. Always been beaten for looking like a clown. He was nothing like a clown. He was a Sea Lion!

" Yes," Spout said. She wasn't afraid to tell him that. She wasn't even nervous about it when glancing into his angry eyes.

" We have to stick together. I'm not saying we should go either way. It would be best to stick together, though, right?" Spout wondered as she meddled with the fingers on her paws.

" No!" Both males exclaimed as they jerked their heads away from each other in defiance.

Spout glanced at them curiously.

" I don't want to leave either of you alone. Let's just go-"

"No! I don't want to go where he wants to go!" They both exclaimed.

This made Spout's eye twitch a bit.

"You guys are going to come with me together or I will chain you together with a pair of our pokecuffs! Now don't keep me waiting...friends!" She growled.

Pip leaned away from the female, sweating a little.

She must have noticed after all, and was just trying to hide her irritation towards them.

Spout stomped off towards the forest.

She turned around, making both of them flinch.

"I expect you to act professional towards each other. I hope you never do this again." She growled before adding, "We are going in the forest. You better not complain about it, Parker. We are going in and that's final."

Pip glanced over to Parker in their shock.

He was so far backwards he could fall over at any moment.

She went into the forest; she had disappeared quickly.

The two glared at each other.

" It's all your fault she yelled at us." Parker immaturely growled.

His actions made Pip roll his eyes.

"Yeah sure. Let's just go my way before she bites our throats." Pip grumbled, feeling a victim of a shoot out.

The two rivals began to walk together, their paw steps tapping on the ground in unison.

Pip sighed. How long do I have to be stuck with these idiots?

Authors note: This is the halfway point of the story.