15

The flight to North Carolina was the worst thing I'd ever experienced. I spent the whole flight trying and failing to sleep because of the rapid fire thoughts in my mind. Everything about the journey was anxiety inducing. I wasn't a fan of flights in the first place, but the events surrounding it made it worse. I was anxious to be leaving my life in England and anxious to go back to America.

  The flight wasn't too full, but even so I was having trouble being in a small space with strangers. I didn't have anything to do except try to sleep and watch the couple videos I had. Although I'd never admit it to anyone, I'd downloaded a couple of my friends' videos to my phone because it was the best distraction I had. If Tommy or Will found out, I'd be mercilessly made fun of. I felt like Sapnap wouldn't care nearly as much.

  I'd managed to sleep on and off throughout the flight, but I felt just as exhausted as I had when I had boarded. I arrived in Raleigh-Durham at two in the afternoon after a nearly two hour layover in Charlotte-Douglas. It was worth cutting three hours off of Bea's drive, though.

  I had given myself a second after I had gotten out of the plane to let everyone know I'd landed safely before going to get my bags. I was insanely lucky that none of my luggage had gotten lost during the layover. That would've been a nightmare to figure out.

I'd dragged my bags with me outside and waited at the curb for Bea. I had stopped texting her because she was driving, but I was hoping she remembered which terminal I was at.

Soon enough, a familiar black car pulled up in front of me and rolled its window down. "Well, if it isn't Melody Maddox."

I smiled at the redhead in the driver's seat, although she couldn't see it behind my mask. "If it isn't Beatrice Carter."

"The one and only." Bea held a huge grin on her face. "Now, throw your shit in the trunk and get in, bitch."

I laughed and dragged my luggage over to her trunk. She had already unlocked it and I put my two suitcases inside, opting to keep my backpack with me. Once I had closed her trunk and returned to the passenger door, I was met with a beyond excited Bea.

"Holy shit, I wanna hug you so bad, dude." Bea spoke as I buckled into her passenger seat, a bit disoriented by the switch in sides.

I smiled at her. "I do too, but I can't get you sick, babe."

Bea's nose scrunched in confusion. "You sound extra British."

I laughed as she pulled away from the curb. "Do I? You've heard my voice over the phone, Bea."

"Yeah, but you're all British." She emphasized her words with a flick of her hand.

I shook my head and looked out the window. I couldn't process that I was actually in a car with her again after almost a year. "Maybe you're just all American."

"Duh." She scoffed at me. "News flash, no more pip pip cheerio bullshit. If you start saying chuesday on me, I will riot."

I snickered at her comment. "There's no winning. I have Will making fun of the way I say asshole this morning and you saying I'm extra British now."

"Well, Will is extra British." Bea decided. "You're Brit-ish."

I held back a laugh at her pun. "That's so stupid."

  "You're stupid." She mocked.

  I gasped dramatically. "How dare you. I'm wounded, Bea. I may never recover."

  "And I'd do it again, bap, bap." She shot a finger gun at me.

  I giggled. "I missed you, babe."