32

The feeling of waking up in someone's arms was something that I couldn't get enough of, or maybe it was just because it was Nick. The much needed sleep after ten hours of driving probably made it better too.

I tried to wrap my head around everything that had happened in the past twenty four hours and couldn't seem to understand it all. I was blinded by a need to reconcile, but I'd say it was worth it. There was at least a little bit of clarity now, but we still had to talk.

I felt Nick adjust his arm around my waist and sighed in content.

"Morning." He mumbled into my hair.

I smiled at his voice. "Good morning."

"You're here. It wasn't some weird dream." He continued to mumble.

I snickered at that. "What, do you dream about me a lot? Would it be normal for dream me to show up to your house at four in the morning?"

"It's normal for real you to do that, apparently." He turned his head to take his face from where it was practically in my hair.

"Apparently." I let out an amused huff. "Bea wasn't home to stop me."

"Bea's great, but thank god. This is nice." He pulled me closer to him.

I laughed quietly. "Yeah, this is nice. Only issue is just how unprepared I am."

"I gathered you were unprepared when you showed up at my door at four in the morning and called yourself a dimwit." He pushed my side as he teased me.

I rolled my eyes and shooed his hand away. "I will call you a boob. Don't test me."

  "It's better than Nicky." He mumbled and resettled his arm across my waist.

  I smiled at the information I could now hold over him. "Oh, so I should call you Nicky?"

  He groaned and let his face fall back against my hair. "Fuck no."

  I lifted his arm to move and was met with indistinct complaints. "Calm down. I'm just rolling over." I held his arm up for a moment to turn to face him before letting him drape it across my waist again.

  I took a moment to just look at him. His eyes were still tired, but the usual sparkle in the hazel was still there, accompanied by a lazy smile. I smiled back at him. "Hi."

  He giggled at the simplicity of it. "Hi."

I felt a buzz in my back pocket and was reminded of just how uncomfortable I was after sleeping in my clothes from yesterday. I went to reach for my phone and Nick disrupted it by catching my hand in his own, lacing our fingers together. I raised an eyebrow at him. "What was that for?"

"Just give it a second. I'm looking." He seemed to be staring at me.

I stared right back at him. "Looking at what?"

He didn't respond. He just kept staring at me with a sort of unreadable expression.

I couldn't help but laugh at the absurdity of it. I tried to gain his attention by lightly squeezing his hand. "What? What are you looking at?"

He tilted his head slightly into the pillow and smiled at my laughter. "Your eyes. I was looking at your eyes. I missed them."

I opened my eyes wider and leaned in so that our noses were touching. I then crossed my eyes for a second and smiled when he started giggling. "Got enough? Can I get my phone now?" I squeezed his hand again.

He let go of my hand and leaned away a bit to give me my space. "I don't think I could ever get enough."

I rolled my eyes to cover up how much it actually affected me as I pulled away from his face. "Alright, Romeo." I retrieved the phone from my back pocket and checked my notifications. The most recent one was from Dream, but I started with Will's.