Venomous - 3

Scott was right behind me as we stormed up to Boyd who was waiting on the field. 

"I want to talk to Derek." I demanded as we reached him. Boyd shrugged saying no. "Talk to me." 

"I want to see my cousin." I demanded more sternly. "We don't want to fight." Scott said and Boyd grinned. "Good, 'cause I'm twice the size of you." 

I crossed my arms and smirked. "True. But, wanna know what I think?" 

I tilt my head towards Scott. "He's twice as fast." 

As soon as I said that, Scott tracked Boyd by the feet, diving down and knocking him down to the ground before Boyd could react Derek suddenly appeared next to us and I scowled at him. "She failed the test." 

"Yeah, which doesn't prove anything. Lydia's different." Argued Scott. 

"I know! At night, she turns into a homicidal walking snake." 

I let out a growl towards Derek. "I'm not gonna let you kill her." 

Derek smirked. "Who said I was gonna do it?" 

Scotts eyes widened as soon as he knew the plan and Boyd came and knocked him down with his arm. I helped him up to his feet. "You're going to let them kill her?! She's innocent!" I yell at Derek.

 "I don't know why you two think you have to protect everyone now," Derek said. "But, even so, Lydia has killed people, and she's gonna do it again. And next time, it's gonna be one of us." 

I stormed up to him, pointing a finger at his chest.

"What if you're wrong? What if you do kill her and that snake is still running around? You would have killed an innocent person!"

"She was bitten by Peter!" Derek pointed out. It's her." He wasn't wrong, she was bitten, she was all scratched up. 

"You saw that thing up close. You know it's not like us." Scott said. 

"But it is! We're all shapeshifters. You don't know what you're dealing with-- it happens rarely, and it happens for a reason." 

"What reason?" asked Scott confused. 

I sighed as I looked at Scott, crossing my arms. "Sometimes, it's a super rare thing but, the shape you take reflects the person that you are." 

Derek nodded as he looked at Scott. "Even Stiles calls her cold-blooded." 

"Oh that's a figure of speech!" I exclaimed.

"Well, what if she's immune?" Scott suggested. "What if she's got something inside of her that makes her immune to the bite, which is why she didn't get paralyzed?"

"No one's immune! I've never seen it or heard of it." Derek was at a loss for words. "It's n-It's never happened!"

I glared at my cousin. "That's not true. Derek, you and I were both there and saw Jackson's body trying to heal itself from the bite." I widen my eyes in shock at the truth. It was so clear, how did I not see it?

"That's why you tested him, isn't it? Because you gave him what he wanted, didn't you?" 

"Isabelle-" 

I cut him off, holding up a hand and backed up. "You and I both know that the bite either turns you or kills you. You were probably hoping that he would die...but nothing happened. And you have no idea why, do you?" 

Derek sighed. "No." 

"Well, I have a theory--" said Scott speaking up. "Lydia's immune, and somehow she passed it onto Jackson." 

"You know we're right." 

"No!" 

I yelled at him, getting infuriated. "You cannot do this!" 

"Look, I can't let her live!" He yelled overwhelmed. "You should have known that!"

I glared at him. "I was hoping I would convince you. But then...we weren't counting on it." 

Scott and I began to run away from the field, but I did a double back to look at Derek. 

"What is wrong with you?" He was unrecognizable even as he stood in front of me. He was no longer the one who scared boys away from me back in New York or got me a going away present. "You're turning into Peter." 

•─────⋅☾ ☽⋅─────•

Scott and I ran down the hall before getting called back by Coach.
"McCall! Get over here!" I looked back at Scott.

"Go!" 

I didn't waste a second and I darted outside. Where are they? I spotted the blue jeep driving for the parking lot exit. I ran in front of the Jeep before it could leave the parking lot out of breath. 

"Jesus!" exclaimed Stiles when he slammed the breaks. "What is with you Hales and running in front of my car!" He exclaimed as Allison moved to the back to give me space up front. 

"Just drive!" 

•─────⋅☾ ☽⋅─────•

We ended up going to Scott's house to hide out from Derek because number 1, Allison's house is full of hunters. They wouldn't just let us in all willy nilly. Number 2, Stiles didn't want his dad in danger and 3, Lydia's house would be one of the first houses they checked. 

 Jackson lived way to close to Isaac and my house would be the first place Derek looked so we opted for Scotts house which was empty. 

"If we're studying at Scott's house, then where's Scott?" Lydia asked as we went up the steps to Scott's house. 

"Meeting us here...I hope." I said as we entered. 

When we got inside Stiles wasn't subtle when he locked at the front door, looking out the window as well. Lydia gave his a look, wondering why he was doing that. 

"Uh, there's been a few break-ins around the neighborhood." He placed a chair against the knob for precaution. Lydia pointed at it, wanting an explanation. "And a murder. Yeah, it was bad."

I grab the crook of my nose and sighed. Could have come up with a better lie. 

Jackson sighed after Allison motioned towards Lydia. "Lydia, follow me. I need to talk to you for a minute." 

"Seriously? What is going on with everyone?" Lydia muttered as she followed Jackson.