Restraint - 1

"If Jackson doesn't know what he's doing, then he probably doesn't know someone's controlling him."

Lydia was waiting in my room for me. I had my phone perched over my shoulder as I dug in the kitchen for snacks to take back up. "Or he doesn't remember..." Allison suggested from her line.

"What if it's the same kind of thing that happened with Lydia when she took off from the hospital?" Stiles suggested.

"A fugue state?" I questioned with an eyebrow raised as I huddled up the bags of snacks and placed them on the counter then leaning on it.

"He'd have to forget everything. The murder--" Scott started.

I nod. "--Getting rid of the blood--" I added.

"Yeah, he had help with one thing, though-- the video. And someone else helped him forget that."

"Whoever's controlling him." I muttered as I opened a bag of chips and started eating.

"Are you sure Jackson has no clue about any of this?" Allison asked.

"He thinks he's still becoming a werewolf and that being with Lydia somehow delayed the whole thing." I explained. "Which is ludicrous."

"So, do we try and convince him he's not?" Allison questioned with wonder.

"If it helps us find out who's controlling him, then yeah..." Scott said in agreement.

"Do you think he'll talk to us after what we did?" I asked.

"Yeah, it's us! He'll talk to us, right?"

Somehow I doubt that.

•─────⋅☾ ☽⋅─────•

Jackson and his dad filed a restraining order on Scott and Stiles because of the whole kidnapping. It wasn't even kidnapping. Well, to be fair he is a murderous lizard it was for his own safety. I was surprised he didn't file a restraining order on me, seeing as I punched him and helped with the restraining.

I don't think he knew Allison was involved but I was, I think he probably didn't file a restraining order against me because of Derek and my parents. 

I handed Allison the tablet of notes that Lydia was able to translate. Last night I had asked her to translate as much as she could while of course she talked about what was bothering her. It was a nice little bonding session. I had already shown Scott and Stiles the notes, now we were getting her in the loop. 

Because of Gerard and the new security cameras, we can't actually meet up. The only place we could meet was the library behind the bookshelf's so they don't see us.

"It's everything Lydia can translate. And trust me, she was confused." 
"What'd you tell her?" Allison asked looking down at the tablet. 

I chuckled. "That we were part of an online gaming community that battles mythical creatures."

"I am part of an online gaming community that battles mythical creatures." Stiles said earnestly

I looked at him in surprise. "O-oh. Great."

"Okay, does it say how to find out who's controlling him?" Allison asked as she skimmed through the notes.

"Not really, but Stiles was right about the murderers."
Stiles fist bumped the air. "Yes!"

"It calls the Kanima a 'weapon of vengeance.' There's a story in there about this South American priest who uses the Kanima to execute murderers in his village--"

"All right, see? So, maybe it's not all that bad." Stiles said interrupted. 

"Until the bond grew strong enough that it killed whoever he wanted it to." I finished, giving him a look. Stiles looked at me alarmed. "All bad. All very, very bad."

I nod. "Here's the interesting thing, though. The Kanima's actually supposed to be a Werewolf, but it can't be--"

"Until it resolves that in its past which manifested it." Allison finished reading from the notes. 

"Okay, if that means that Jackson could use a few thousand hours of therapy, I could've told you that myself." Stiles said.

Allison looked up. "What if it has something to do with his parents?" She questioned. "His real parents?"

I nod in agreement "Yeah, does anybody actually know what happened to them?" Jackson is adopted, I guess his real ones died when he was little. "Lydia might." Stiles suggested.

"What if she doesn't know anything?" I questioned.
"Well, he doesn't have a restraining order against me, so I'll talk to him myself." Allison said. 

"What? No, I can talk to him." I offered.

Allison shook her head. "It'll look suspicious to Gerard if you talk to him, especially being friends with these two."

I muttered a curse under my breath, she's got a point on that. "Okay, what do I do?" Scott asked.

"You have a make-up exam, remember?" Allison reminded him.
Scott sighed. "Promise me-- if he does anything, you run the other way."

"I can take care of myself."

"Allison, if you get hurt while I'm busy with some stupid test, someone's going to need to take care of me. If he does anything--"

"Like...?"

"Anything weird, or bizarre-- anything."

Stiles poked his head through the shelf. "Anything evil!" She shoved his head through.

"Ah! Ow!"