Raving - 1

Remind me never again to make stupid, impulsive decisions. Isaac and I actually did it. Yes, it. Not gonna lie, it was um- nope not, not gonna say anything. 

It's been a few days since the whole thing. Anyway no more talk about that, I would no longer like to discuss it anymore. Ever. 

So, Scott and I have been following Jackson around town all day. Following him to figure out where he's going and if he interacts with anyone strange.

We followed him all the way to a warehouse district where they seemed to be selling tickets.

Scott and I got in line, Jackson a few feet in front of us. We spotted Matt in the line a few people from us.

"Matt. Matt!" Scott whispered loudly to Matt.

Matt turned around at the sound of his name. "What?"

"How much are tickets?" He asked.

"Seventy-five dollars."

"Can I borrow some money?"

"Yeah, how much?"

"Seventy-five dollars."

I shook my head and Matt did the same. "Give me a second." I muttered as I pulled out my wallet. I dug around and pulled out two $100 dollar bills and handed one to Scott, slapping it on his chest.

"Why the hell do you have $200 dollars in your wallet?" He asked as he stared at the money.

I shrugged lightly, digging around for more money since we'd probably have to buy Stiles a ticket too.

"Never know when you need it." I mutter, pulling out 20 bucks. 

"You have 5 dollars?" I asked Scott. He nodded and pulled out 5 bucks from his wallet. I took the money and did mental math.

"This should be enough for three tickets, one for you, me and Stiles."

Perfect.

"Next." The woman selling the tickets, at the booth said.

Jackson was the next one in line and walked to the front. "How many?"

Jackson didn't say anything, just lifting up one single finger. He pulled out the money and handed it over, the girl took it and gave him his ticket, and Jackson took it, grabbing her fingers for a second.

The girl pulled away uneasily and looked at her I'm guessing bodyguards. "Let's go. Let's get out of here. Let's go." She demanded.

She looked down as the elevator went up, Jackson twitching his head at her. Creepy.

Wait, Dammit that means no more tickets!

•─────⋅☾ ☽⋅─────•

"What's he doing here?" Scott and I asked as Derek entered the vet, with Isaac behind him. "I need him."

"Well I don't trust him." Scott replied.

"Yeah, well, he doesn't trust you, either." Isaac responses.

"You know what? And Derek doesn't really care." Derek said sarcastically.

Isaac met my eye with a smirk and I looked away. I was wearing makeup so you couldn't tell I was blushing madly at the memory of that night. It wasn't the only night.

"Now, where's the vet?" Derek asked. "Is he gonna help us, or not?"

"That depends." Deaton said when he came. He leaned against the door and looked at us.

"Your friend, Jackson. Are we planning to kill him, or save him?"

Simultaneously, Scott and I replied save him, while Derek replied Kill him.

I looked at my cousin impatiently. "Save him." I corrected with a scowl.

Scott nodded and confirmed with Deaton. "Save him."

Deaton opened the grate and let us in, we walked to the back for one of the rooms.

"Watch what you touch." I scold Isaac, stopping his hand before he could touch the vials of stuff Deaton put down on the table.

"So, what are you, some kind of witch?" Isaac joked, leaning forward.

"No. I'm a veterinarian." Deaton replied drolly. Isaac's grin was wiped away.

"Unfortunately, I don't see anything here that's going to be an effective defense against a paralytic toxin."

"We're open to suggestions." Derek said.

"What about an effective offense?" Isaac suggested.

Derek shook his head. "We already tried-- I nearly took its head off, and Argent emptied an entire clip into it. The thing just gets back up."

"Has it shown any weaknesses?" Deaton asked.

"One-- it can't swim." I said with a sigh.

"Does that go for Jackson as well?"

Scott shook his head. "No. He's the captain of the swim team." He's the captain of freaking everything.

"Essentially, you're trying to catch two people--" Deaton told us, turning to look for something in a drawer.

"A puppet, and a puppeteer." he explained, holding up one side of a coin, and switching sides to represent the beings.

"One killed the husband, but the other had to take care of the wife." That was the saddest thing I heard. When the news was given to us by Stiles I was heartbroken. The wife was pregnant, the baby was born before hand but now she's an orphan. And only having been a few hours old.

"Do we know why?"

"I don't think he could do it. His mother died pregnant, too, and she was possibly murdered." I told Deaton. Thinking back on what we learned from those documents. "I think he couldn't let the same thing happen to someone else."

Isaac frowned. "How do you know it's not part of the rules? The Kanima kills murderers. If Jackson kills the wife, then the baby dies, too."

"Does that mean your father was a murderer?" Scott questioned Isaac.

"Wouldn't surprise me if he was." He said grimly.

Deaton held up a hand. "Hold on--The book says they're bonded, right?"

Scott and I nod.

"What if the fear of water isn't coming from Jackson, but from the person controlling him?" I raised my eyebrows in surprise. "What if something that affects the Kanima-"

He held up a vile of mountain ash. "also affects its master?" He then goes to surround the coin in a circle of mountain ash. Woah.

"Meaning what?" Isaac asked confused.

"Meaning we can catch them--" I said relieved as I looked at him. "both of them."