10

| DANIELAS POV |

I sigh with relief lowering my fist, I grab my throat and roll off of Kai.
He watches me carefully trying to figure out what move I made next.

"Thank you." He turns his head almost too fast with a confused smile.
He stares at me for a while, surprised I think.
After a while I hear him hum.

" Hmm you're welcome, now come on I made dinner." I look up at him nodding as he gets up coming around to help me.

"I'm fine kai, I can walk and all I'm not paralyzed." He ignores me and lifts me up throwing me against his shoulder once again.

I roll my eyes and just let him carry me, once we enter the kitchen I smell pasta and my stomach starts grumbling.
I hear him chuckle slightly as he sets me down on a chair.

"Thank you.." I look up at him and hear him gasp

"That's two thank you's in a day, are you feeling alright?" I roll my eyes trying to contain my smile but failing to.

"Haha so funny, don't get used to them, I'll  be right back." I get up and as soon as I do I'm being pushed back down to my chair. Kai gives me an annoyed look.

"Stay seated, what do you need?" I glare at him and try getting up again, He grabs my wrist pushing me down again, this time siphoning magic. I pull my hand away scoffing.

"Really? Now you're threatening me?" I try saying it in an angry voice but it cracks when I try.
Damn it.
He looks at me with a smile and nods

"Now what do you need?" I shake my head and cross my arms.
He sighs loudly and mumbles something about women being difficult.

I stifle a laugh and watch as he walks to the fridge opening the freezer grabbing frozen chicken.
He comes back setting it on my neck. I shiver but sigh in relief.

As I do he serves the food and pours wine in the cups.
I glance at him and catch him staring at me, I stare at him waiting for him to look away after a minute or two he does.

He has really pretty eyes, he sits down across from me and starts eating.
I also dig in trying not moaning, it was delicious to say the least I grab the cup of wine and wow.
This man has taste.

I look up at him as he speaks,

"So, uh what happened up there besides you almost being choked to death?" I stare at him for a while and clear my throat wiping me lips.

"I was getting ready to shower and I heard footsteps, thinking it was you I ignored them.
Next thing I know I'm being pinned up against the wall and thrown across the hallway by Luke! I mean he was my best friend, maybe he was on drugs. Anyways
He mutters a sleeping spell and I feel myself being lifted, I start to relax and all until I feel someone choking me."

He nods and I watch him as he listen intently, it feels weird for someone to listen to every word. I've always been shoved off or ignored. It felt nice for someone to listen for once.

"how did you know I wanted something iced for my neck?" He looks at me with a smile that doesn't meet his eyes. He takes a sip of wine and leans back into his chair.

"I knew what you needed, being choked for years teaches you something I guess."

•••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••

I don't know who that one reader is but I appreciate you and you motivate me to keep going. I hope you have a good day