56

KAIS POV

I look at the letter, slightly intimidated.
What if her final goodbye was a letter that expressed her hate for me?
What if she died hating me?
What is she blamed me? I wouldn't be able to take it.
That letter scared the hell out of me, I was scared to be hated by her.

Because she was the only one that mattered to me.
I take a shaky deep breathe and reach out grabbing it.
I open it preparing myself for hurt and guilt.
But it was the exact opposite, this letter... was full of love and happiness.
It was full of kind loving words,

it was full of her.

I hug the letter close to me sobbing even more than before.  Before I know it I'm fast asleep in her bed.

1 week later
Damon's POV

I've never thought I'd see the day where Kai Parker actually cried.
The funeral went by pretty fast, Kai walked out during the last part.
I almost felt sorry for him.

He's been quiet this entire week, and it's made this week even more depressing than it's been.
I'd never admit it but... his jokes and his talks were good for distracting.
But this week he's been down all the time...  he truly loved her.

But now he was sadder than ever, depressed... broken.
He was emotionally broken... his soul was broken and Daniela was the reason for it.
Her death was the reason for it. And I was the reason for her death.

nobody deserves to have their one true love torn away, not even Kai parker.

KAIS POV

I felt numb.

I couldn't feel anything anymore, it was like I was slowly going back to being the sociopath that killed everyone.
I could still feel her magic flowing through me, she gave met her magic permanently.

And now I was here all alone... without her.
I take the note out of my pocket as I unfold it.
I feel it leave my hands as it's snatched away.
I look up in anger and meet with a familiar pair of grey eyes.
"What are you doing? Give it back." I hear him chuckle as he tries standing straight.

"Well, I didn't get a letter.. it's not fair that you get one... I was her best friend!" I look at the letter in worry of it being destroyed.
I swallow my anger and look up at Damon with a pleading look.

"Damon... please. This is the only thing I have left of her. I BEG you... give it back." He looks up at me with a drunk smile playing on his lips.
"Would you look at that? Kai Parker begging for a letter."
I walk slowly towards him putting my hand up in surrender.

Even if Daniela was gone... Damon and everyone that she'd love were important to her.
I wouldn't harm them without reason and Damon was getting pretty close.
"What would happen if I.." Before I could stop him I watch as he tears the letter into pieces.

"NO!" I push him away and pick up the pieces placing them in my palm with tears in my eyes.
I swallow my sadness and despair.
I get up and Motus him far.
I hear a groan and I watch as he starts getting up, I give him an aneurysm and watch as he passes out.

" I'm sorry Daniela but he deserved it."
After a while of walking I finally reached the Salvatore boarding house.
I smile at the adrenaline I feel, I sigh and watch as Steven walks towards me with a confused expression.
"Kai? Wh-" I snap his neck with a flick of my wrist and walk past his temporary corpse.