25

| DANIELAS POV |

He came close to me with a smirk.
I tried my best to ignore how much I hated but liked his stupid smirk.

My eyes widen as I feel his hands on my sides tickling me.
I start laughing begging him to stop but all I got in return were his chuckles and more aggressive tickles.

"S-STOP I'm gonna PEE! KAI SToppp!" Finally he let's go as I drop down to the floor with tears in my eyes.

"I hate you." I get up as he chuckles
"Oh come on you know you love me." I scoff but give him a smile.

3 months later

| KAIS POV |

It's only been 3 months and I'm feeling things I shouldn't be able to feel..

I like her, and I don't know what I feel.
I mean I can't feel anything but she looks out for me, and it's weird.

Today was my birthday, and I hated it.
I despised it.
I try not remembering past birthdays when my father would beat me, that was his gift for every birthday.

I didn't want to get up.
I groan and stay in bed for a while slowly going back to sleep, and then I remembered that I hadn't made breakfast so I sigh and get up.

As I walk into the kitchen I smell food, I frown in confusion as I look around.
There were birthday balloons and a table cloth with some gifts.

I hear music start playing and I recognize it as the birthday song.

I watch as daniela came around with a cake in her hand with a 22 candle and a 41 on the other side. I smile without noticing, but then I frown.

Was she going to burn me? I back up slightly as she sings happy birthday.

"Are you going to burn me? Because that's just messed up." I chuckle nervously as sets the cake down on the table.

I hear another song come on in Spanish and I think it was a birthday song because it had the word feliz.

She looks at me with a Frown shaking her head.
"No, of course not. Why would I? It's your 22nd slash 41st birthday." I shrug and mumble a thanks.

"Kai..." I cut her off immediately.
I didn't need any pity party from her, especially on my birthday.

"NO! Okay? Don't throw me a pity party because you feel bad for me! Is this a set up? Are you going to kill me and all?" She looks at me with wide eyes and tears threatening to fall.

"WHAT IS THIS?!" I yell at her and watch her flinch, I look at her and see that her tears are gone and now her face was angry.
If I was being honest I might have backed up slightly.

"THIS IS A FUCKING BIRTHDAY PARTY KAI! ITS FOR YOU! BECAUSE THAT IS WHAT PEOPLE DO ON SOMEONES BIRTHDAY!" I fall silent and gulp.

"Sorry, I'm not used to it." I say in a calm voice, I hear her huff but I watch as she nods.

"Kai, he can't hurt you anymore... he was the worst person and he still is. But right now, today, is a special day to celebrate. And you're one hundred percent safe with me. So let's go and celebrate, the food is going to get cold." She gives me a reassuring smile and I nod smiling.

We sit down and I look at the food in front of me,

"Omg you made my favorite?!" I clear my throat after a few seconds.

"I mean wow. Um thanks?" I hear her chuckle and nod

"Come on, dig in!" I nod and immediately dig into the food. It was delicious as fuck.