It's Not Like I Like You! ~ KyoHaba

3rd Person PoV~

"Yaaa!" Kyotani screamed after landing a spike right on the edge of the court.
"Hey! That's pretty good!" Yahaba spoke, for once not making fun of Kyotani.
"Wha-! No one asked you!" Kyotani yelled, before running into the club room to get his stuff and leave.

Yahaba sighed, knowing nothing was going to happen between the two unless he said something to the boy. He decided that he would talk to him after they went home, meeting at the park which Kyotani agreed to for some reason.

Kyotani arrived at the park, immediately noticing Yahaba, he walked over to him and sat next to him on the bench.

"So, what did you need to talk to me about?" Kyotani mumbled under his breath, barely loud enough for the either to hear him. However, Yahaba did hear and turned to Kyotani to begin.

"I've got myself just a little bit of love that I wanna spend, on you,
But baby, I'll never get that chance, to dance that romance, with you
Oh, no, 'cause you're always hittin'
And kickin'
And putting me down
I hope you don't mean what you say
But I keep seeing you stickin' around
Like you can't get enough
So I stay and I wonder
How my hand would feel intertwined with yours?" Yahaba reached one of his hands out to touch the confused boys hands.

'As of now though...' Yahaba thought as what he expected happened.

"What are you doing?" Kyotani shouted, pulling his hand back into his chest

'Nothing but closed doors
My boy's a Dere
A Tsun-TsunDere' Yahaba thought, getting ready to continue.

"Just saying "hi" gets me a punch in the face
And if I should compliment you, you start to chase!"

Yahaba began to remember the first time he had tried to set to Kyotani:.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

"Hey! That was a direct attack!"

'Oh, no! The wild cat found my hiding place!'

"Stupid octopus! Take it back!"

"So, uh, how am I an octopus?"

"How am I a cat!?"

"Well-uh, cats are cute!"

"Go away!"

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

"Can we get along? You're so headstrong...?" Yahaba spoke again, trying to get through Kyotanis defenses.

"There's no way, go away, now so long!" Kyotani started shouting again, trying to stop whatever Yahaba was trying to do.

"Just talk to me and you will see" Yahaba whispered, pulling Kyotani up and pushing him through the trees towards a deserted café.

"That's not fair, using flair you dummy!"

'I've got myself just a little bit of love that I wanna spend on not you
'Cause baby, I'm afraid you'll say, that it's not okay with you
Oh-oh, 'cause you're always laughin'
And jokin'
You look like a clown
But I hope you mean what you say' Kyotani thought, hoping that the night was going where he wanted it to, not in a different direction.

"I do" he hoped Yahaba would say, if he ever got asked.

"And I wonder what you would think
If I let my pride down, let it sink
Could we hold hands, kiss?
Live our lives in gentle bliss?" Kyotani said, not realising he was speaking out loud.

"We could" Yahaba answered, hoping to fluster the blond.

"Ah! I'm not talking about you!
You're not my prince in this."

'I'm not a Dere
A Tsun-TsunDere
I have a jello heart, I'm not that mean!
I'm not blushing, I was just rushing and forgot the sunscreen!' Kyotani thought to himself, trying to convince himself.

"Your smile is really cute though"

You'll never see it from underneath my scowl!

"Alright I just wanted to let you know..." Yahaba sighed, before walking off, not noticing Kyotanis distressed look, or the slightly outreached hand, trying to reach out to him.

Word Count: 630