The Only Way Part 2 of 2

A/N: Sophie's third person POV, but like the same scenes from the last chapter...

So sorry I haven't updated on schedule! It's been really stressful lately.

So I've come up with a new writing schedule. (If you don't already know it from my Spy AU)

Basically, I'll still update every week, but alternate books.

That way, I can give y'all content, but still get to enjoy my weekend! Yay!

Oh and by the way, I know I promised a chapter of all the reasons why I ship Sokeefe... But I'm not in time this week!! :((

Sorry. :((

Alright, let's get to actual the story!

~•~•~•~•~•~•~•~•~•~•~•~•~•~•~•~

Sophie

Sophie hesitated, her fist a millimetre away from the door.

Taking a deep breath, she knocked.

"Come in," Lady Gisela trilled.

"What do you want," Sophie shot, standing with her chin tilted upwards.

"Sit," Gisela waved her hand.

"I don't intend to stay long."

She sighed. "I called you here to talk about Keefe."

Sophie snapped to attention. "Let him off, what did Keefe ever do to you?"

She ignored the question. "I want to make a deal with you."

Sophie looked away. "If it's regarding Keefe, forget it."

"Even if it's a bargain on his safety?"

Sophie spun around. "I'm listening."

Lady Gisela gave her a dry smile. "You want me to let you send him back, yes? But the problem is, you know he wouldn't."

"I don't care!" Sophie snapped. "Give me a sedative, and he goes back. Just reject him if he looks for us again."

Her heart clenched.

"The flaw in your plan is this," Gisela answered. "Don't think I don't know that you've made everyone think you've lost your memories."

Sophie looked away again.

Gisela reached under the table and brought out a syringe. Just the sight of it made Sophie sick.

"You want a sedative, yes? Here it is. The problem is that if you drug Keefe, he'll know that your amnesia is fake."

"Knowing my amnesia is fake, is way better than constantly having his life in danger," Sophie argued.

"Precisely," Lady Gisela agreed. "So here's the deal. Either, Keefe stays and remains in the dark about your fake memory loss, or, if you want him to be safe, then you'll have to risk his heartbreak and drug him."

Sophie glared at her. "You're ruthless! Even if I agree, can't we use a lighter sedative? Why a needle?"

Gisela smiled wickedly. "Because I want it to hurt, for the both of you. As a test. Take it or leave it, it's up to you."

"And what makes you think I'll believe that it's really just a sedative in the needle?"

"Despite however much I like to test and play the both of you, do you really think that I would harm my own son?"

"I don't know," Sophie said darkly.

Gisela spread her arms. "We both know that even if Keefe is safe with me, he's definitely not with Fintan. Or Gethen. Or Vespera for all I care."