Studying

A/N: I have no A/N :)

Third person POV

"Fosterrrrrrrrrrrr," Keefe whined. "You've been studying for hourrrrrrrrrrs"

"No I haven't," Sophie mumbled. "We've been home for like, 30 minutes."

Sophie wondered why in the world she decided it was a good idea to let her joke (but adorable) of a boyfriend study with her.

Maybe it was the fact that he'd given her his irresistible puppy eyes.

Or maybe it was the fact that she'd finally lost her mind.

Or maybe she just missed seeing his face since the idiot had been given 2 months of detention after pranking Lady Cadence.

Now, she sighed inwardly. His stupid head was on her lap while she sat on her bed and read, scratch that, attempted to read, her agriculture textbook.

"Soph," Keefe flipped over and tilted her book down so that she could see his face. "You realise, that you've been staring at the same spot on the same page for the past half hour, right?"

"Shut up," Sophie complained. "It's your fault I can't concentrate."

"So what? My devilishly good looks are distracting you?"

"More like your stupid voice that won't shut up,"

"Pfft, you forgot I'm an Empath. I know you've been, and will be, still distracted even if I'm not here."

"Ugh, Empaths," Sophie grumbled.

She slammed her book face down on Keefe's... Well, face, and pushed his head off her lap. It triggered an "Ow, that hurt," complaint from him.

"Well, Mister High and Mighty Empath, if you're so great, kindly explain what 'Harrow through the firm muck till a holeth the sizeth of thy thumb is dug, then tenderlie laie down the seed of thy desireth.' means."

To Sophie, it sounded like Shakespearean English. Though it probably was. Her gnomish mentor, Barth the Reaper, was known for his dramatics.

Keefe cracked up. "Babe, you realise how easy that one is? It basically means: dig a hole in the dirt that's the size of your thumb, then put whatever weirdo seed you want inside it."

"Well, they could have said it that way," Sophie muttered. "Or at least include some sort of illustration."

Suddenly, an idea popped in her head.

She clasped her hands together and gave Keefe the best puppy eyes she could muster.

"You've already been in my level and no doubt passed the exams with flying colours, could you help me? Pleeeaaaaassseeee?" She pouted. "Pwease Keefy?"

Keefe did the most natural thing to do if he was in any other situation of that kind. He fell off the bed laughing.

"Oh come on!" Sophie groaned, and threw a pillow at him. "Can't you even help your pathetic little girlfriend at a subject she completely, utterly sucks at, so she won't get suspended or expelled?"

Keefe snorted. "Girlfriend? Yes. Pathetic? Nope. Little? Hmm... Definitely yes. Sucks at the subject? Um, I highly doubt it, since my completely utterly," he smirked, using back her words.

"Completely utterly reliable photographic memory tells me that you passed agriculture with the leading score in your level of 97 out of 100."

"That was last year," Sophie huffed, stubbornly crossing her arms.

"Alright, okay," Keefe sighed. "I'll help you on one condition."

"You'd think he'd cut me some slack just because I'm his girlfriend, but NOPE!" Sophie said to herself. Well, mostly herself.

"Haha, very funny. Relax, the condition is totally doable, in fact, it might benefit you more than it'll benefit me."

"And the condition is?" Sophie raised an eyebrow.

Keefe spread his arms. "You get 1 hour, then, promise me you'll relax and just hangout with me."

He frowned. "I feel like you're starting to forget me... "

Now it was Sophie's turn to laugh. "Jealous, are you? But fine. Only if you promise that you won't fool around during the 1 hour I get."

She leaned over and pecked him on the lips. "And just so you know," she said softly. "I didn't, and will never forget you. I may get busy sometimes, but remember, I love you."

Keefe smiled. A genuine smile. "Great, now scoot over, Lady Fos-Boss, and we'll get started!"

~•~•~•~•~•~•~•~•~•~•~•~•~•~•~•~

An hour passed as quickly as it came, and Sophie found her eyelids drooping.

It wasn't that she was not paying attention. She was. Really.

Keefe made the lesson extremely interesting by adding in his own comments and ideas on how things should work while reading the book.

And it was especially funny to see him squint at her horrendous handwriting to read her notes.

Then again, it also wasn't her fault she hadn't slept well last night. Grady and Edaline suddenly had to look after some kind of nocturnal fluffy dinosaur thingy, and the stupid thing kept roaring.

Sophie stifled a yawn. She probably should change her position so it was less comfortable, and she felt less like sleeping.

After all, her head was on Keefe's shoulder, and it was the perfect spot to fall asleep on. But she didn't want to move.

She was comfortable in that position, and she felt safe and cosy.

Unknowingly, she fell into deep slumber.

~•~•~•~•~•~•~•~•~•~•~•~•~•~•~•~

"Soph," Keefe gently shook her head on his shoulder.

"And, there she goes, she's out!" He mumbled to himself.

"This was your idea," he said to Sophie, but not loud enough to wake her up. "Now you've fallen asleep."

Man, when that girl could actually fall asleep, he bet even the gorgodon couldn't wake her up.

Keefe sighed, and turned her head slightly to kiss her temple.

"Night Foster," he said softly. "You deserve it."

He twined their fingers together, but didn't dare move in fear that it would wake Sophie up.

Not long after, he himself fell asleep.

When Edaline walked into the room to offer the pair a plate of mallowmelt a couple minutes later, she found them both fast asleep in each other's embrace, fingers tangled together.

Yup, she smiled to herself. Her daughter was in good hands.

A/N: Gotta admit, that was not as short as I originally thought it would be... Sorry, it's kinda similar to 'Nightmares' hmm... To be honest, I DID NOT originally plan for them to fall asleep. I mean, falling asleep in the middle of studying is something lots of people do, right? Right? No? Okay... See you in the next oneshot! Bye for now!

Word count (excluding A/Ns): 982 words

~Alison_5201314
;)