One Step Closer

A/N: Who else hates Unlocked and cried at the end?

*Waits while the entire world raises both their hands*

That's what this oneshots exists for.

Look, this is how I would have ended Unlocked, if you don't like it, too bad. :p

I know I promised a oneshot of Sophie being sick, but I've procrastinated to write this too long, and it's time for all of us to rip open our hearts all over again...

WARNING: IF YOU'VE NOT READ UNLOCKED YET, STOP READING HERE. IT'S NOT SAFE.

Also, only play the music when you see a <3 in the middle of the story. :)) Re-play the music if you haven't finished reading by the time the music ends.

Ooh, and if you liked the effect the music gave, comment if you'd like a song per chapter! 

Note: The quotes below aren't in the order of appearance, they're in the order of how I though of them. :))

Ready?

Here we go...

~•~•~•~•~•~•~•~•~•~•~•~•~•~•~•~

Sophie

"We have to go find him," Sophie repeated for the umpteenth time.

"I disagree," said Councillor Bronte. "The boy ran away for a reason. He's not ready to face who he is- "

"That's not who he is!" Sophie argued. "His mom changed him."

"To be what she originally created him for, tell me if I'm wrong," Councillor Bronte raised an eyebrow.

"He's scared," Sophie defended. "Are we just going to leave him alone?"

She looked around the room.

No one agreed. But no one disagreed either.

No one met her eyes.

Not her parents.

Not any of the councillors.

None of her friends.

Absolutely no one.

Hot tears burned in Sophie's eyes. 

This was it? THIS WAS IT?!? <3

Without a second word, she ran up to her room and bolted the door shut.

~•~•~•~•~•~•~•~•~•~•~•~•~•~•~•~

Once she was safely in the protection of her room, Sophie couldn't stop the flood of tears.

She rested the back of her head on the door of her closet and covered her face, body racking with silent sobs.

Why? Why did he have to leave?!?

She picked up the note from where she'd left it on her desk.

To the Mysterious Miss F!

Ugh- I'm already regretting starting this letter that way. But I don't have any extra paper, and crossing it out would look worse, so... I guess we'll just have to add it to my list of mistakes.

And I know you're going to think that everything I'm about to say should also be on that long list of Keefe Fails. But I swear- that's NOT what this is. I'm not trying to fix everything or save everyone this time. I'm just trying to make sure I don't hurt anyone.

I can't tell you more than that without putting you in danger, so just... Trust me when I say that the powers my mom gave me are super bad. There seriously aren't strong enough words to explain how horrible they are. And I CAN'T control them- just like I can't stop my mom from forcing me to use them.