After Legacy

A/N: Dedicated to KeefeRealSister

This is probably going to be trash, seeing as the way I write it is gonna be really cliche, but thanks for the idea, I really liked this one!!

(In clarification of something in here, I don't actually think Alden's mind being broken is painful, lol.)

(I've copied and pasted this note across other previous chapters, but just in case, I'm pasting it here again...)

I'm no longer accepting requests, so please don't submit any, I'm overwhelmed with requests right now, and even after that, I have other intentions on things to write, so thanks!!

Clarification: I'm still working on the requests from you guys, don't worry, any recommendations or requests, I swear I AM working on them, but I won't be accepting any others after today...

~•~•~•~•~•~•~•~•~•~•~•~•~•~•~•~

Sophie

Sophie rubbed her eyes.

She was so tired.

So, so tired, whether mentally, physically, emotionally, or spiritually.

She rested her cheek on her knees, looking at the cot next to her where Keefe's still unconscious figure lay.

"When will you wake up?" She whispered softly, her fingers grazing his.

Elwin was out for the day, with Livvy to see if there were any methods to wake him up.

And Sophie was close to tears.

She sniffed, a wave of heartache sweeping past her defenses.

Keefe deserved better than this.

He deserved better than to be tortured every moment of his life.

Right then, in a flicker of moment, she thought she saw him tense up.

A flicker.

It could have been paranoia.

She could have been hallucinating.

Could have imagined everything in her desperation.

But with Keefe, where his wellbeing was at stake, she wasn't taking any chances.

Sophie closed her eyes.

She'd checked his dreams frequently enough for the past weeks that she no longer needed to have her fingers on his temples to monitor his thoughts.

Being in his mind felt... Soothing.

It was like a reassurance.

His mind was warm. Not a trace of that cold and bitterness in a shattered mind.

That was something to celebrate for.

And his dreams, as weird as they sometimes were, felt comforting.

They were just so... Keefe.

So him that she could almost tell herself that everything was fine.

That he was still himself, that nothing had broken him, and nothing will.

Usually, she'd just peek into his mind and have a quick check to make sure he wasn't having any nightmares.

But this time...

This time, his dreams were odd.

Not dreams at all, but rather, memories.