Splash

A/N: Dedicated to sokeefebookworm

I'm so sorry it took me so long to do this, it's a little complicated, so it took me a while to get inspiration for it...

I apologise if it's nothing like what you wanted though, I've never watched the movie before, so I just worked with what I had in the descriptions I found.

Aaaaaannnddd, get ready for this to get super cliche.

(I tweaked the plot so that it's not too similar The Little Mermaid.)

By the way, Keefe's parents are not evil in this oneshot.

~•~•~•~•~•~•~•~•~•~•~•~•~•~•~•~

Sophie

Sophie had always been a rebellious mermaid.

She'd constantly wondered what life above the water was like.

Despite her parents getting killed in a boating accident, and her adoptive parents being really overprotective of her, and constantly warning her not to swim too high up, she still couldn't snuff out her curiosity.

"There you are!" Her cousin, Dex, exclaimed.

Well, cousin by adoption actually.

"What? Were you looking for me?" Sophie cocked her head, ignoring the fact that she'd probably been daydreaming again.

"Yeah," the bottom half of his body was a periwinkle tail, that slowed to a stop as he halted next to her.

She gave him an inquisitive look.

He grinned sheepishly. "I may, or may not have done the homework given last week, and now I need help."

She groaned. "DEX!! You do realise, Sir Astin will kill you if you submit your work late for the seventh time this month, right?"

"So?"

She shook her head exasperatedly. "You're impossible."

"Wrong. I'm Dex," he pointed out with a cocky grin.

She sighed, and grabbed his arm, dragging him to the direction of the cliff of the drop off, their usual hangout spot. "Don't you know? Dex and Impossible mean the same thing."

~•~•~•~•~•~•~•~•~•~•~•~•~•~•~•~

Keefe

"If you keep leaning over the edge of the boat, you will fall into the ocean, you know that, Son?" Keefe's father chuckled.

"Because you'll push him in, then blame it on himself," his mother teased.

"Or," Keefe countered. "I could just jump in myself- "

"No," his parents said simultaneously.

He grinned.

He had always been a strong swimmer, but after the recent reported boating accidents, his parents didn't want any chances.

"Y'know," he spoke, casually changing the subject. "I wonder if the legends are true."

"Not again about the legends, Keefe," his father complained. "I've been out in this ocean for my whole life, and nope. Haven't spotted a single shadow of those proclaimed mermaids."

"Huh," was all Keefe answered.

But as he went back to staring at the surface of the water, he wondered if what his father had said was really true.