Move On (pt. 1)

You walked in the middle of the pavement as you heard the aluminum gates close by themselves. You looked around in your surroundings and saw the bustling afternoon city of Incheon right in front of your eyes.

It’s the first time you left the orphanage without any supervision from your guardians, which is why it felt new to you.

You took your leather wallet out of your pockets to see how much money you had. It seems that your money would last for weeks, including the expenses for food, transportation, and the house’s expenses.

Before you set off your foot out, you heard someone calling your name from behind.

“Y/N-ah!” You turned around to see your guardian running towards you with a brown envelope in her hands.

She was your companion for a very long time, ever since your grandmother passed away. “Oh? What’s this?” You were confused as she handed the envelope to you. “That’s the title for the house. You might need it.” She explained.

“Thank you, Mama. I really appreciate it.”

Your eyes became watery again as you wiped them with your wrists. Your guardian took notice of this. “Y/N-ah, you’re 18 now. You must live the life of your own now. If you ever need me, call me. Okay?” You nodded as she embraced you warmheartedly.

She released her warm embrace and started to walk away from the scene. You took a cab and directed him to the subway station.

You turned around and saw her grinning. You smiled as well as you went into the cab. That might be the last time you will see her because of how far Incheon is from Seoul.

Life was never meant to be a fantasy. We cannot dictate the circumstances that are happening around us. We are only hoping for something, but we shouldn’t hope for something unbearable. Hoping is just part of our imagination. Maybe it is good to expect, but never should we hope for miracles. It is your view of the world. You are somewhat hopeful about your surroundings, but you were hopeless inside.

You began whimpering as you left the orphanage. You couldn’t hold the hefty emotions piling up inside.

The driver asked if you’re okay, and you nodded. “I guess I am all alone now.” You thought. After the ride, you had your last look-around of the city before going into the subway station.

You then booked a ticket to Seoul and proceeded to the train itself. This is the last time for a very long time that you're gonna be able to see Incheon.

During the ride, you took your earphones out of your bag and plugged them into your phone. You opened Melon, which is a streaming music platform.

You took your time to pick a ballad song. Then there came across the title “TT – TWICE" trending on the charts.

You loved ballad songs, and you had no idea about these kinds of stuff. You heard back at the orphanage about the term “K-pop”, and many of my peers loved those kinds of songs. I wasn’t that interested in it until now…

*30 minutes later…*

You are now researching about them while their song is playing on your earphones. You felt ecstatic while listening to them to the point that you went on to know more about them. They’re pretty attractive, not in that way, though.

You stopped scrolling at your phone as you heard the announcer that the train would arrive in Seoul shortly. You stood up and prepared for the door to open up.

As you walked through the upper staircase, you noticed that people are going in the same direction (at your right). You were curious and decided to follow the conglomeration of people from afar.

You stopped walking as you saw a multitude of bodyguards trying to make a path to that massive van. The crowds were screaming even though no one had popped up.

You saw a footbridge on your left. It was meters away from the van. You took the chance and went halfway through the footbridge, as the height of the stairs was enough to watch this from afar.

You then waited for a while when suddenly, the crowds' screams penetrated your eardrums. Someone had finally appeared from your peripheral, but not just one.

Most of them wore masks, and some wore sunglasses, so you couldn't identify who they are. You counted as they showed up one at a time. As you observe them, you realized the crowd was shouting some familiar names.

“We love you, Sana!!!” “Oh my Jihyo…” “Chewy-ah! We love you!!” “Momo!!” “Seriously!? They're here??”

“Sana, Jihyo, Tzu-- Wait.” You were petrified for a moment. “I-Is that--”

“TWICE IS THE BEST!!” You heard the crowd and your jaw dropped.

“TWICE!?” You exclaimed.