-Chapter 8-

When we were done eating, Tom leaned back in his chair and gave me an appraising look. "So." He started to get my attention. I did him the favour and looked at him. "If you're going to stay here, I'm sure you're aware that there will be rules." He explained to me. It was more of a statement than a question. I just nodded my head briefly.

"Rule number one: do not leave the house alone under any circumstances, unless you have been specifically allowed to by me. Second-" I interrupted him. "You really expect me to hang around here all day?" "Yes, honestly, it's the only way to keep you safe. Besides, we have a lot of things here in the house you could do. The door to the right of my office leads to a big library where you can find all kinds of movies and books." He was looking at me. As I said nothing more, he continued. "So rule number two: you're free to move around the house.if you need anything or something is important, come to me or Haz and ask. And finally, rule number three, you listen to me. When I say you go with the guards, you do as I say. It's all for your own safety. Got it?" He looked at me with raised eyebrows.

"Yes sir!" I replied half-jokingly. Examining, he let his eyes roam over my face, almost as if he wanted to study it. I wondered why he was so obsessed with keeping me safe, after all, we didn't even really know each other yet. He was probably just trying to be nice to me. The silence was cut when a man in a black uniform entered the room. "Mr. Holland, you are expected in your office for a meeting." He said mimiclessly.

Tom took a deep breath. He then exchanged a look with Harrison and they both slowly got up leaving the room. I could still hear Tom telling the man to get me safely to my room as Natasha would be arriving soon. The man then approached me. "Hey, I'm Steve and I'm going to walk you to your room if you'd follow me." The man explained kindly and was about to leave the room. I jumped up and tried to follow him. I almost had to run, as he walked straight to my door with big and long strides. The sound of his heavy shoes on the marble floor echoed throughout the hallway.

Arriving, he unlidden my room door and I entered my room. Shortly afterwards I heard how the door closed. Since I couldn't hear any heavy footsteps of his boots, I guessed that he was probably standing guard in front of my room. After minutes of boredom, which seemed like hours, there was a knock on the door and a young woman entered.

She was tall and slim. Her hair was dyed red and hung loosely down to her shoulders in perfectly twisted curls. She had light blue eyes and there was a friendly smile on her lips. "Hey, I'm Natasha. Nice to meet you." She said kindly and pulled me into a hug. "Hey, I'm y/n." I returned and smiled at her. "So, Mr. Holland tells me you need a little more clothing selection?!" Her blue eyes wandered up and down me scruntiningly. Standing there in just a black sweater and my sweatpants. "Yes, that would be realty great!" I confirmed her statement. She smiled at me and then left the room again. Shortly afterwards, she stormed into the room with two other black-clad men and eight big suitcases in tow. I looked at the many suitcases in amazement. She saw my astonishment and a smothered laugh took her away. "So now get out!" She scolded when the men had put the suitcases away.

After the man had left the room, she turned to face me again. "So darling, you can just take a look around here. Most of it should be your size." I was excited to open the first suitcase. He was loaded with expensive-looking shoes. It was all there. From sneakers to high heels, there was just everything. I decided to take a pair of Nike Air max 270 in black and another black and white pair Nike Air Jordan 1 Mid. To top it off, I decided to keep a pair of black high heels. I actually hated high heels, but Natasha talked to me for so long that I kinda had to take them.

The second suitcase was filled to the brim with pants. I took two more jogging pants in grey and black, a dark blue and a ripped black highest jeans.