-Chapter 25-

Two more weeks of uncertainty had passed since Mr. Enrico had shot my sister. I still wasn't allowed to leave the house to visit her, but Harrison went to see her every day and provided me with all sorts of news, which made the whole situation a little more bearable. I hated uncertainty and that was exactly why I had told Tom that I wanted to be more involved in his business. After long discussions and a lot of hard convincing Tom had agreed to let me in on it, but not on everything, only on minor business, but still.

So I had more chances to spend time with Tom and it was easier to bear the situation with my sister. Wide awake and sweaty, I sat up with a jerk and pushed Tom, who was lying on top of me, off me. My breath was coming in fits and starts and I was on the verge of tears. It's been like this for nights now. I had taken the situation well, but I had never expected to shoot someone in real life one day. It plagued me, and though Mr. Enrico deserved it, guilt plagued me.

I felt Tom come to his senses beside me. "Are you alright princess?" He asked in a still deep and raspy voice. "Yeah, just another nightmare." I explained to him, whereupon he pulled me back into a tight hug. "Try to sleep for a bit longer." he murmured to me and I nodded. But I couldn't sleep anymore. I just lay awake next to Tom, watching his relaxed features as his chest rose and fell.