-Chapter 11-

My hair stuck wetly on my forehead. I was completely sweaty and warm. Me and Haz had been working out all noon. I had shown him all the possible defenses I already knew and he had taught me new ones. It was starting to get dark outside and I was getting really hungry.

"I think that's enough for today." Haz agreed. He too was completely drenched in sweat. "If you say so." I returned with a small smile. Of course, I didn't want to show him that I, too, could finally use a break. He grinned mischievously at me. "I think I'm starting to see through you." he explained to me as he dried his wet hair with a towel.

I sat down on the floor exhausted and drank a big gulp of water. "There's not much to see there at all." I explained and he smiled weakly at me. I then got up and left him in the room. I ran to my room and managed to lose Steve, who was already waiting for me behind the door of the training room to escort me upstairs. I ran into my room and pulled the door shut behind me with a small bang. I quickly undressed and then showered off as cold as I could. The cold water was pleasant on my burning hot skin.

After a few minutes, I got out of the shower and wrapped my body in a towel. Determined, I left the bathroom and threw on a sweater and sweatpants. Then I lay down in my warm bed. But I couldn't fall asleep. I was just lying there. Slowly it became too warm for me and outside the next thunderstorm was already coming up. Slowly, I flipped back the covers and got out of my bed. I walked out into the hallway in just my socks. As expected, I found Steve waiting for me.

I skillfully ignored him and headed straight for Tom's office. Under the crack of the door, I made out light falling on the dark hallway. Quietly I knocked and then opened the heavy door. Tom sat in his chair. His hair stood wildly off his head and several locks fell loosely into his forehead. He was so engrossed in the documents he was signing that he didn't even notice me. I quietly tiptoed up behind him and then wrapped my arms and behind around his neck.

Startled, he jerked his head around to face me. However, when he caught sight of my familiar face, his hardened expression softened and he smiled at me. "What are you doing here?" he asked me in amazement. "I was training with Haz and clearly kicked his ass and then I couldn't get back to sleep so I decided to come check on you." I admitted. Slowly he leaned over and gave me a kiss on the mouth. "Well, we'd better get you to bed soon so you can finally fall asleep." he muttered. I just nodded. So he stood up and intertwined his fingers with mine. Slowly we walked hand in hand to his large office door.

Of course, Steve leaned against the wall again but ducked out after he saw I wasn't alone. Slowly we walked towards my room. Tom opened the door and let me enter first. He didn't let go of my hand, on the contrary he held it so tightly as if he didn't want to let go of me at all. He flipped back the warm covers and I crawled into my bed. He covered me up and gave me a kiss on the forehead. He smiled at me on "Good night, princess." he whispered.

Tom was just turning to go when I called for him. "Tom?" I kind of whispered quietly. He immediately turned back to me and looked at me expectantly. "Do you think you could sleep with me here tonight?" I asked him carefully. A smile spread across his face. He came towards me. "Princess, of course." he whispered to me and pressed a quick kiss on my forehead.

Slowly he walked around the bed and pulled his shirt over his head. I could recognize his strong V-Lines and admired his Muscular Upper Body. Slowly, he dropped his shirt on the floor and then laid himself down next to me under the blankets. He put his left arm around my waist and pulled me tightly to him. After a few minutes, I was already asleep.