Perfections smile

The rest of the journey to stone gate was short, Xiao tried to help jog a few memories of your friendship with him however none seemed to work. even so, he talked about after the archon war, the three gods, Barbatos, Rex lapis and one god unknown to the world, would gather to drink on starsnatch cliff to enjoy the splendid view.

For reasons unknown to him and to you, you barely told anyone who wasn't an archon about your real identity. So, if anyone knew it were the two original archons, after all it was clear that Barbatos still knew.

"Xiao, were you mean?" his cold golden eyes fixed on you as your question rolled off your tongue, "Mean? in multiple situations yes" the friendly and calm sounds of nature filled your ears as he fell silent. 

"If you wish to know who i really was, i fear you'll regret it"

"Well yeah i do! Your so mysterious and relaxed! but your so aggressive.." you watched his eyes trail down to his feet as he walked, "I was brought into this world as a immortal creature, i lived on my own accord for a small period of time"

"However, a god with ill intentions took me under control to do his bidding, i killed hundreds of thousands of mortals and devoured dreams" he occasionally would peek at you to see your face change at all. However to his surprise, you showed no fear, no disgust or no hate towards him.

"As the archon war continued, Rex lapis defeated that god and saved me from the bloodshed i spilt. After that, i killed gods, slayed any remanence of them. I had comrades for most of that period, but things change and everything fell into chaos"

Again whenever he looked at you, it was like an elder telling a child an old story from youth, a blaze of excitement was all he could see in your eyes.

"I am the only surviving yaksha, the karma imbued into my flesh, bones, and soul is the reason i still fight" your gaze softened on the yaksha, "Your friends are all dead..?" he sighed. "Yes, they are, do not cry for it will only put a stain on their bygone reputations"

he stared at you with annoyance as you pouted, "Do you want a hug...? it makes me feel better when Klee hugs me so.." he visibly tensed up and stepped away "no" was all he said then tried to hurry ahead as stone gate was not that far away, within your line of site actually.

he froze in place, gripping his spear rather tightly when you tried to hug him from behind "Hiding all your emotion and fears isn't good for you, y'know?" you let him go and jogged ahead of him towards the border to Mondstadt, leaving the poor touch starved Yaksha frozen.

If it had been anyone else, they would more then likely be dead the moment they laid a hand even near him, but not you, never you. He could never allow himself to hurt something so pure, so, perfect.

"Hey Xiao!"

"Don't look so glum, okay?"

"Hey i see Kaeya!" Xiao looked up from his feet and watched your happy expressions, His job was done, he could return to whatever it was that he could call home. 

"I'll see you later!" you waved, however found he was no longer there, "Xiao?" A smaller figure caught your attention, she came and hugged your legs with tears in her eyes. "Klee, what's wrong?"

her knight uniform was back on, the bright red contrasting the darkness of the late night "W-when you went missing, i-i couldn't catch the bad guy, he-he disappeared before i c-could.." you patted her head to calm her skittish nerves.

"It's ok..I'm here now so it doesn't matter if you didn't get the bad guy" her sobs and sniffles slowly turned into little hiccups once she calmed down. "How did you get out?" asked the dark skinned blue eyed knight.

"the spell or whatever was pretty easy to force myself through, i still feel a little tingly though so.." you looked at your fist and slowly clenched, "Yeah, still pretty numb" Kaeya smiled and held onto your hand while the other still rested on Klee's head.

"We're glad your safe, Unfortunately Albedo wasn't able to come due to an investigation taking place in the city involving the fatui" Kaeya led the way while Klee held onto your hand tightly to reassure herself that you wouldn't be able to let go.

"Really?" a small piece on you felt a little disheartened but saw it as nothing important and carried on, "Mhm, nothing big, a fatui diplomat caused an outburst in the city and he is looking into the reason"

The night was getting older and you were getting even more tired, the pair took notice so Klee spoke up, "The winery isn't far, maybe Mr. Diluc will let us stay?" Kaeya sighed. "Diluc? he runs the tavern right?"

Kaeya nodded, "It's late but Adeline will likely let us stay with Diluc's permission" Kaeya clearly showed annoyance, for reasons unknow to you of course. "You don't look to happy with the idea Kaeya, I'm sure we can just camp since it's pretty warm.."

He laughed, continuing to keep his layer of cool "Diluc is my brother, i am adopted of course since we are complete opposites" he chuckled as your face changed from weariness to surprise. "Really? But your so..cunning and he is so..mature"

He frowned at the borderline insult you said so casually to him, "One time me and him worked together to try and distract a fatui member, a recent incident had happened so he was under suspect for a while"

"He was referred to as the perpetrator in red except he only had his red hair" as the story continued Kaeya seemed to speak with pride about his cunning personality, the story didn't relate to your past so as tired as you were, you lost focus and dozed off.

It wasn't until the three reached the winery that you tapped back in to reality, It seemed that the maid in charge opened the door and yawned. "It's late, what are you doing here Kaeya, and..friends?"

He smiled, "My apologies, i assume Diluc is asleep?" Adeline shook her head, "No in fact he's still in Mondstadt closing up the tavern.." she looked at Klee and softened her expression. "You must be asking to spend the night"

Kaeya nodded, "My friend here is returning from Liyue and had to travel at night, Klee offered to come and now we're here" the maid sighed. "Kaeya, you know you aren't welcome here by Master Diluc since your fight.."

the Calvary captain sighed with a weary smile, "However, as cruel as it may sound, the ladies may stay. Master won't be bothered" the maid apologized to Kaeya who as usual just smiled. "I can get to the city from here myself Adeline, no worries.."

===========

"Mr. Diluc is a weird adult" Klee complained, brushing out her knotted blonde hair, "You think?" she vigorously nodded "mhm! He's always grumpy and whenever i saw him and gave him a present, he wouldn't even smile a little!"

you chuckled at her red face, "Klee, he likes your drawings he just doesn't show it, y'know?" she crossed her arms. "Yeah! but unlike him, Albedo says thank you at the very least..but sometimes he smiles!"

thinking of her figurative older brother brought a bright childish smile to her face, "Come to think of it, i haven't seen Albedo smile very much" Klee hopped onto the bed you sat on with her brush in hand, "He looks really pretty when he smiles!"

"his pretty eyes will look really soft and happy, and his smile is small but i really like it!"

the small child brushed your hair quietly until she finally got sleepy and fell asleep leaning against your back. Luckily you were able to move her to sleep comfortably and tucker and her and yourself in.

"hmm...

i love the big bed.."